1,221 results
All reviews gold floor velvet glove president's club urban escape steam room corner room top floor exchange district central location human rights business trip front desk staff hot tub downtown area king bed lounge teddy
Reviewed 2 August 2018

So this Fairmont is neither a historical landmark (Royal York) or a modern property (Pacific Rim), but its service is right up there. Before arrival, my stay and room preference was noted. On arrival, the staff was so caring, Jhanuary is excellent and prides herself with guest satisfaction. I had an issue with my room regarding the A/C temperature. Jhanuary again would not rest or accept anything but my true satisfaction with my guestroom. I wish all hotels were like this. Just wow! Jhanuary decided to take some initiative and I was upgraded to a gold level room to my liking with better room temperature in the back of the hotel (less sun). The room was very nice, super clean and comfortable, the bathroom was a good size, which I appreciate because I hate small hotel bathrooms. Also, very quiet hotel with friendly housekeepers! The service at the Gold lounge was incredible, Carly (if I remember correctly) was superb. I'm so glad I stayed here for my business stay in Winnipeg. The service here is outstanding, it's absolutely to the same level as a Four Seasons or Ritz-Carlton.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing Portage Avenue are cooler in the summertime
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Kyla S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you for your glowing review!

You are right, we are neither a heritage property nor a modern property, though we know that it is our service that sets us apart from the rest. We are indeed very fortunate to have such exceptional and talented ambassadors on our team, and I am delighted you were able to experience their signature service first hand. The fact that you took the time to recognize Jhanuary and Carly for their efforts speaks volumes, and I will be sure to share your comments with them as they will surely serve as a reminder that all of their hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed. I have no doubt that it is because of the service our team provides our guests that so many of them return time and time again.

That being said, we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to our wonderful city.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent service. Friendly greeting from the valet, quick efficient service at check in. Great service by Sandy in the Lounge Fairmont Winnipeg typifies Prairie friendliness.

Always a great experience

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Marten K

Thank you for the glowing review!

We are indeed very fortunate to have such exceptional and talented ambassadors on our team, and I am delighted you were able to experience their signature service first hand. The fact that you took the time to mention Sandy by name speaks volumes - I have no doubt that it is because of her service that so many of our guests return time and time again.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

This is an older hotel ....with lipstick...elevators feel like an amusement ride (jolts,bumps)..the location is decent , although trying to navigate the underground to get there is confusing for a first time visitor. The bar is decent and relaxing , the rooms ok , but we had no hot water on our check out morning...definitely not up to Fairmont standards. Will likely stay elsewhere next time .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Kyla S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

Please accept my sincerest apologies. I was very disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations nor fulfill our service promise in a number of areas on your recent visit. We all take great pride in providing our guests with the highest standards of service and most memorable experiences, therefore I am very sorry to learn that we missed our mark on this particular occasion. Please rest assured that these are not the service standards to which we attest nor that you have come to expect when staying at a Fairmont property. I certainly appreciate your disappointment and frustration and regret that it affected your ability to relax and enjoy your stay.

We would like to discuss your stay with you, and if you have the time, would love for you to reach out to us directly at winnipeg@fairmont.com, so that we may be able to learn from your experience.

Your patronage is greatly appreciated, and despite this last stay, I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Fairmont Winnipeg the next time your travels bring you to our wonderful city to show you the complete experience you have come to expect from us.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

The hotel has excellent location, charming atmosphere, spacious rooms and very attentive staff. Service is excellent, people go out of their way to assist you with advice, offer help and make sure that your stay is efficient and pleasant.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review - it is always such a pleasure when we are able to exceed our guests expectations.

We are indeed very fortunate to be located right in the heart of the city, and are delighted that you were able to experience our great city right from our own front doors.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are regular guests at the Fairmont Winnipeg for good reason. From the moment you walk through the front doors until it's time to leave, the attentive staff make you feel as if you are the only guests in the hotel. They are friendly and always available if you need something without ever being intrusive. This time we had an opportunity to enjoy the Gold Lounge on the 19th floor and we can't say enough about the quality of the service,the food and the relaxing environment. Thank you again to all the hotel staff for another memorable stay.

Paul Lie

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Thank 04750 .

Thank you Mr. Lie - for not only always choosing us while in Winnipeg, but for taking the time to let others know about your experience.

We are indeed very fortunate to have such exceptional and talented ambassadors on our team, and I am delighted you have been able to experience their signature service first hand. Our Fairmont Gold Team is second to none, and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed not only the service, but the amazing food and the wonderful lounge.

Mr. Lie, we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again the next time your travels bring you to our wonderful city.