All reviews red lobster olive garden polo park front desk staff rooms are nice hot tub lots of parking location is great home away from home shuttle service jodi lounge wedding brunch
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Jodi was excellent to book with from the get go! We booked a block of rooms for a Football Team travelling from out of town. We needed rooms, meeting rooms and food, and everything was excellent! Jodi booked us rooms close to each other and on the same level as the pool. The pasta buffet was economical, delicious and plenty enough for a football team. The buffet breakfast was also excellent and economical. The location was fantastic - close to Polo Park Mall, Safeway, Red Lobster and the Olive Garden all within walking distance. The teenage boys and the adult chaperones enjoyed the pool, hot tub and the slide. A great time was had by all! Thank you Jodi and the other staff! We have already booked our next stay!

Room tip: There are pool view rooms, if that's what you like. We were on the third floor. Some rooms were facing the Olive Garden and some, the pool.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Viscount G, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Virginia S,

Thank you for your review of your groups stay at the Viscount Gort Hotel. It was our pleasure to look after your football team. I will be sure to pass your comments on to Jodi as well as the rest of our team.

We look forward to your next visit,

Reviewed 7 April 2018

We planned a birthday blast for my mother on her 90th Birthday with the help of Jodi and Chris at the Viscount.

Don’t hesitate to work with this professional and courteous staff. The room was perfect, the food was outstanding, and the wait staff was right on cue.

Everyone had a wonderful time!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank garylK5145JP
Viscount G, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Gary,

I am glad that all your guests enjoyed the event - it was our pleasure to have you celebrate such an important birthday with us. Have a safe trip home and all the best to the family.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Judi Shuster the FD Manager help my wife to have an unforgettable birthday. Judi was easy to talk to and always go above and beyond to help especially on doing the reservation. She makes sure that everything is set and gives you an update even at she's home she will reply to your inquiry. They have karaoke night every Saturday and promotion of by one appetizer and get one for free. Thank you so much Judi you are awesome!!!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Faith H
Viscount G, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Ramil H,

Thank you for allowing The Viscount Gort to be part of your wife's birthday celebration. Thank you for also inclduing such nice comments about Jodi. You are right she is awesome!

I am glad you enjoyed Karaoke (also on Friday nights) and the lounge specials.

I look forward to seeing you next year (or sooner).

Happy belated birthday to your wife!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

My family came to this hotel for a swimming weekend away. As stated on the phone when I booked, we were traveling with an infant so we specifically needed a fridge and microwave. When we got to our room we unpacked everything and got settled in. After driving for a few hours the baby needed a bottle, I went to microwave it, didn’t work. Tried turning on the fridge, didn’t work. Tried other outlets, didn’t work. We called the front desk because by this time the baby was screaming. They said they would call right back with a solution. (Thinking maybe we could just get a different microwave.) They never called back. Finally after over 1/2 hour waiting, my husband went down and he came back with a new room key. (We were traveling with another couple so now our rooms weren’t across from each other.) so, with a screaming hungry baby, we had to pack up our whole room and move. We thought maybe a hotel personnel would help with the move considering the circumstance, but no, we did it on our own. The rooms were nice once everything worked, and the pool was nice and warm for children. I just think that (especially if the hotel staff know you are traveling with an infant and after making sure they have the needed appliances) that they should check to make sure the appliances work before they mark the room as vacant. It made for a very frustrating, non relaxing start to our trip.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank andie1316
Viscount G, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear andie1316,

I am so sorry for the delay in rectifying your microwave and fridge issue. I will be looking into what happened with our staff to make sure we handle these issues in a more timely manner or communicate the delay to you and offering assistance with the room move.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention so we can discuss how we could have handled this situation better with our staff and use it as a learning opportunity.

I am glad that you were able to enjoy your room and the pool.

I hope we will see you in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

We chose to stay at the Viscount Gort because of the price and the location. The room was spacious and clean, but the heat was difficult to regulate and the alarm clock, which we did not set, went off at 4:45 a.m. Between being too hot and too cold and woken up way too early, it was not a good night's sleep. My husband discovered only one jet in the hot tub was working and the "water park" pool is about as big as a postage stamp, so no adult lap swimming. Food and drink in the lobby sports bar was good and the locals friendly. I don't think we'll be returning.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Catherine J
Viscount G, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Catherine J,

I am sorry that you had some technical difficulties with your stay. We are currently in the process of completing our room refresh including new heat in every room. I do apologize about the alarm clock and the one jet working in the hot tub. Maintenance will look into it asap.

I do hope you will give us an opportunity to show you the newly refreshed rooms.