All reviews breakfast buffet easy access to downtown pleasant stay hockey tournament pembina highway plug ins would stay here again front desk staff room service rooms are clean hotel restaurant safeway fridge parkade canadian supper forks
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I came here with my entire family of seven and stayed 3 nights. Very modern and clean hotel. We needed more coffee cups, towels, creamers and garbage bags in our room and they brought them all within minutes.
The only downside was the lounge downstairs. The local beer they had on tap was delicious however later in the night when we ordered food then didn’t give us fries but a few of these chips instead and once we asked again for fries they said they had already turned the friers off. Then they were out of cranberry juice for drinks and when we asked for coffee they said they were unable to make any at that time because they were locked out of the kitchen.
The pool was nice, nothing crazy but seemed pleasant. I also used the workout faculty twice during my stay and it had enough equipment to get a good workout in.
When I am back in Winnipeg I will not hesitate to come back here!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
MikeGore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your experience at our hotel. We are glad you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you again.
Thanks also your candid comments regarding your experience in our lounge. Feedback of this nature is greatly appreciated as it lets us know about areas of our operation that could use improvement and gives us the opportunity to make changes to better serve our guests. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Rest assured, this will be addressed with our food & beverage team and corrective action taken.
Thanks again for your comments. Please feel free to reach out to me at mikeg@hiws.ca or (204) 452-4747 if I may be of any further assistance to you.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

I look for 3 things when I stay at a hotel.

Cleanliness

and overall feel of stay

and the Holiday Inn South had all 3 things down to a T.

Very happy with the stay and will add the new years day buffett was fabulous.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
MikeGore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

That is great to hear. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

We stayed at this place as we had to be at Pan Am area. This is a quick and easy access to that point. The rooms are great; clean and quiet. The pool area is more focused on children under 12; however, it is very nice (including cool kite decorations). Will definately stay here again. There is a restaurant on location; however, we didn't access it. Bright open reception area! Fitness Room looked good; again didn't access it this time; but may in future! Ample parking within close proximity to door access.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
MikeGore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your great experience at our hotel. We are glad they you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Winnipeg South on your next visit.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed two nights at this hotel. Got a good price and the room was well worth it. The front desk attendant was great, getting us a room with two queens instead of the king I accidentally booked. The rooms are a fair size, have fridges and microwaves and coffee pots. The fridge is all fridge so it’s bigger than usual and we appreciated the convenience of that. The hot tub and pool area are also very well kept and clean. We stayed during the week so it was quiet. We would stay here again. Free parking too and if you are driving it’s pretty conveniently situated, about a 20 minute drive from 2 major shopping malls.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
MikeGore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thank you so much for letting us know. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Room was nice but could hear lots of noise from hallway. Hotel pool was dirty and we did not use. Staff was friendly. Not sure if I would stay here again as it did not meet my expectations for a holiday inn.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
MikeGore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your experience at our hotel. We sincerely apologize that your experience fell short of expectation. We will address the issues you outlined and thank you again for taking the time to bring them to our attention. Please reach out to me at mikeg@hiws.ca or 204 452-4747 if I may be of any further assistance to you. Mike Gore, General Manager, Holiday Inn Winnipeg South