All reviews elephant and castle heated floors outdoor pool blaze restaurant mts centre underground parking the club lounge convention center sky walk attending an event boston pizza legislative building jets game business trip a king size bed hot tub heart of downtown
Reviewed 4 February 2016

Great location downtown. I asked for a room away from the elevators because I am a light sleeper but was woken starting at 5 am with the sound of trolleys. Must have something going on upstairs because it was super loud. I thought I would turn on the bathroom vent for some background white noise ( this isn't my first rodeo) but there wasn't a fan. If you are a light sleeper then you know what it's like staying at even the best hotel around.

The room was so clean and the bed was incredible. Really well set up for a business trip. Heated floors in the bathroom and coffee and tea area in the room. The only issue I had was the heating. I had it set at 72, which is warm but the air conditioning would belt out for about 3 minutes and make it freezing in the room, and then the heat would kick on. The heating vent was so loud I needed to use my ear plugs. This was frustrating with the hot and cold all night, and the loudness of the system.
There is no fridge in the room I was in....but an ice bucket for my wine from the airport!! Works just as well.
Loved it here, despite the heating issues. Room service and restaurant was fantastic and healthy. It's a great place.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
WinnipegDelta, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2016

Thank you for your response. We appreciate all the details you have given to improve on all you mentioned. Our air-conditioning units are brand new so it is disappointing you had some challenges. Even though you are a light sleeper we are committed to ensure you are comfortable and have a peaceful rest. We hope you impress you on your next stay.

Reviewed 1 February 2016

attended at a convention at the neighbouring hall. stayed at the delta on the club level. the hotel underwent renovations since I was there last 2 years ago. it's very nice. rooms are updated and clean. lobby is spacious and modernly elegant. nice job!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for recognizing all the hard work we have put into modernizing the hotel. We have done this with you in mind and have used the feedback from guests like you. We are pleased you enjoyed the experience on our Club Floor and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 January 2016

I am currently still at the Delta having booked for 10 days. I booked the room by phone and asked for 11 nights, I am still waiting to hear whether the 11th night will happen as the hotel is, apparently, booked to capacity on February 4, 2016. I asked for a quiet room, far from elevators and ice machines, which I never got to see since the front desk suggested another room upon my arrival. Went to the 'new' room which was two doors away from the elevators and ice machines. Changed rooms immediately. The next room was lovely, wonderful bed, amazing bathroom with heated floors, mini fridge... heaven, until nightfall. The room faced St. Mary Street. The street itself may not be that noisy but there is snow clearing, garbage pick-up and construction going on. The constant noise of trucks backing up was unbearable so I asked to change rooms. I ended up in a very quiet room facing the back of the hotel but it's what used to be called a parlour so you have a sink in the room itself, very little closet space, no place to hide your boots and shoes and the bathroom is just a toilet and a regular shower stall. The room, I think, had not been treated well; maintenance had to come three times. Since I was still waiting to hear about the extra night, I e-mailed both Marriott and Delta to voice my concerns and to also complain about the downgraded room. I received a response within two hours and was promptly moved and upgraded to the Club floor with great courtesy and kindness. I later received a hand-written card from Mr. Engel, Front Office Manager, welcoming me to the Club floor and assuring me that they were doing their utmost to secure a room for me for my last night. I am extremely happy with my room, amazed by the incredible staff and service! A special thank you to Tiffany, Front Desk manager.
Large indoor pool for swimming lengths. Hot tub, kiddie pool, good exercise room and equipment.

Room Tip: Choose even-numbered rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you gave us to have you settled in the perfect room for your stay. It is wonderful that we could connect with you and turn your experience into a positive one. Thank you for recognizing the team who helped you along and ensured your expectation was met. It was a pleasure to host you at the hotel for such a long stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

Hi:
we live about 30 miles out of Winnipeg and went to a Jets game and decided to stay Sat to Sun and chose the Delta for it's location. Arrived, parked underground, checked in and were in our room in about 20 min. Effortless. Room was clean, comfortable. Were able to access the MTS Center via indoor walkway from the Delta so left our jackets in the room. Room was quiet and had no complaints. Staff was friendly. Got a great rate with CAA and would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
WinnipegDelta, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2016

Thank you for the kind words. Our location is perfect to view games at the MTS Centre and leaving your jackets in your room is an added benefit. We are pleased that everything worked out so perfectly for your trip into town. We hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

We came down to see our first NHL game and we chose this hotel as it was very close to the MTS center. We were greeted immediately with smiles, and had our truck taken for valet to park (as parking was $18, valet was $24. Might as well). Check in was quick and easy. Our room was up on the 18th floor (King deluxe room) and was breathtakingly beautiful!! Great views, modernly updated, spacious. The bathroom has a huge shower, vanity and even in floor heat. The bed was very comfty as well.
We were able to use the sky walk all the way to the game so we didn't get cold along the way as well, which was awesome! We filled out a slip to put out on the door to have breakfast delivered to us for a specific time the next day, and it was on time, to the minute!
I would come to Winnipeg again and say here. We really enjoyed our trip.
Thank you for the great service.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bethaniii

We hope your first NHL game was all you expected it to be and more. Thank you for choosing to experience our hotel, we are happy that you enjoyed all the amenities we had to offer from the valet to the heated bathroom floors. We hope to see you again for your 2nd NHL game in Winnipeg no matter who you are cheering for!

Safe Travels,