All reviewsclose to the airportbunk bedsgreat poolhot tubtheme suitepool sidefront desk staffa great stayfree shuttlemain floorconferencejoesdinostaceywaterslidesbanquetproximity
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Hosted our annual Spring Tradeshow. Food and service was excellent. The staff made it easy to host a big event! Stacey [-] made organizing an event this size a breeze and I would work with her and the staff at the Victoria Inn again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Mike R, Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you very much Julie S for your review.

I will certainly pass along your comments to Stacey and team, and we definitely look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Victoria Inn as always the stay was excellent from the greeting to the checkout. We ate both nights at Chicago Joes ( lounge ) the food was excellent both days. The service was top notch as always. If ever in Winnipeg I would recommend staying at the Victoria Inn. The rooms are clean the food in the restaurant and lounge are always cooked to perfection and lastly all of the staff are friendly and courteous.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Mike R, Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you very much for your wonderful review garthsearcy.

We are certainly all happy to hear you enjoyed your visit while in Winnipeg, and we appreciate the opportunity to host your stay. I will certainly be sure to pass along your comments to our team, and hope we are able to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Everything was great! My little girl is four and had a blast from checking till bed in the pool area. Stayed in a pool side room which made it easy to watch her and provide things she needed. Bunk beds in room were a major hit!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Mike R, Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you kraigirvine for your review, and we are so happy to hear your family enjoyed their visit.

We appreciate the opportunity to have your stay and hope we are able to see you again soon.

Have a great summer !

Reviewed 19 May 2018

The room was overpriced: $119 for a room with two queen sized beds (I only needed one bed) and there wasn't much space left to relax. Two chairs, but neither reclined and there was no footrest. There was a bar fridge but no microwave oven. The internet ethernet cable was too short to reach the bed and the chair was too uncomfortable to sit on for long. The room was clean, but "looked" like it wasn't - maybe it needed renovation. The carpet had burn marks on it. There was a very loud "motor" sound coming intermittently from somewhere above the ceiling, maybe a ventilation fan but sounded like a sump pump and was quite loud and annoying. The view out the window overlooked the roof of another part of the hotel - lots of air conditioning units and ventilation ducting and other things found on roofs - not a great view at all - I couldn't even see the parking lot, although I could see the hotel down the street and wondered what it was like there. The window blind closed but wouldn't open, but as stated there wasn't anything to see. The plug was left in the bathtub drain and to shower I had to remove it to keep the tub from filling with water. When the plug was lifted there was a 6-inch hairball hanging from it. The soap dispenser didn't work properly. Every morning starting at about 8 am there was a lot, and I mean a lot, of activity outside in the hallway. Turns out it was the cleaning staff - the staff laundry room and elevator were both located in the same corner of the building as my room. The hotel room had a guest booklet with a floor plan that showed the customer laundry room was supposed to be located there, but the cleaning staff said it was now located on the opposite corner of the building and the floor plan was out-of-date. Some hotel staff spoke English if I spoke to them, but otherwise not. There was continuous conversation in the hallway in a foreign language (neither English nor French) for at least a few hours each morning. I had a late flight and called the front desk to ask if I could check out late, say around 7 pm. Was told that I could check out as late as 3 pm but if I stayed any later I would be charged for an extra night. This seemed quite accommodating but when I went to the front desk to return my card key, I was told there was a $50 fee for a late check -out. I told them nobody said anything about a late check-out fee. They interrogated me about who I spoke to and when, and exchanged suspicious looks, but said they would cancel it. But I'm not sure if they will, because when I checked in they demanded a $100 pre-authorized "incidentals fee", which I was told was for food and room service, and the balance would be refunded when I checked out. So I'm not sure if I'll get that money back. Honestly I've been happier staying a couple nights at a $60 Motel 6 in Toronto. In fact I've stayed at hotels in the UK that were both cheaper and less hassle. The only redeeming features of this hotel are (1) its proximity to the airport, and (2) the amazing upscale food served at the Chicago Joes restaurant on the main floor. I believe the price of the room is mostly for these two conveniences and not much else. Other minor conveniences they do have include a guest laundry room (if you want to stay for that long), an exercise room with a couple treadmills & elliptical machines (which nobody appeared to use), and an indoor pool (dinosaur-themed and aimed at kids). Mostly I think this hotel caters to conferences, weddings, and business meetings. I didn't see anyone using the laundry room or the exercise room. The pool seemed to be just daycare for kids. There were a number of raucus "events" taking place in the various conference rooms during the day. This hotel does not seem to be geared for individuals looking for a quiet place to stay for a few days.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Mike R, Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you Glen L for your very detailed review. We are sorry that you did not thoroughly enjoy your visit while in Winnipeg and that is very unfortunate to hear.

I certainly appreciate your comments as it allow us to look at solutions for future guest stays so we can have a more positive impact. I would like to let you know that we are underway with a complete room renovation that will address some of your concerns.

Thank you once again for stay and I hope you allow us an opportunity again in the future. Certainly if we have that opportunity we would want to get you settled into a king room to give you more space to relax.

Have a great summer.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Hi I would just like to say I was travelling to Winnipeg on business and a friend recommended the Victoria Inn. I'm so glad I stayed last week it is a very busy hotel. I knew from the start from the excellent suggestion from Aaron to stay in one of the newly renovated rooms. The front desk staff was amazing and the restaurant was amazing!! I would recommend anyone who is travelling to stay at this hotel and I can't wait for my next trip to come back!!

Room Tip: I suggest to stay in one of the newly renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
victoriainnmanager, Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

We certainly appreciate you review and kind words Shawn M.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team, and we hope we are able to see you again in the future.