“Food & service great, but limited menu”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 1,765 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: St. James Industrial
Cross street: Century St.
Description: Winnipeg's Chop Steakhouse is located minutes from the Winnipeg International Airport. Visit us for a great steak or seafood dinner and a glass of wine.
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Had the sirloin steak with crab cake (monthly special) and was super tasty and done perfect. Service was great, very friendly. Blue cheese salad was generous size. But was pricey at over $40 per person but I’m not a typical high end steakhouse guy.

Kristy M, General Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Good evening,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! I'm glad you tried our Crab Cake Oscar - it is a hit when we have it on our menu! I'm glad you came to dine with us, and look forward to having you visit our location again.

Kristy McKenzie

Reviewed 4 May 2018

My first visit will not be the last! We went in for dinner but wanted something light and the menu offered a wide choice of interesting Chop specialties. I ordered the Chop salad with grilled salmon and it was perfect. The generous salad was fresh and flavourful and had a variety of additions that really made the salad tasty and nutritious. The salmon was perfectly braised and was cooked but not dry! Loved the special dressing and would recommend this to anyone looking for a light, late night dinner. Loved the Chop Caesar as a pre-dinner drink and look forward to returning soon! The staff were friendly, courteous and very attentive. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone and will definitely go back myself

Kristy M, General Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Good evening Wendy,

Thank you so much for your positive review! I love our late night atmosphere, so I'm glad you got to experience this on your visit. Thank you for your recommendation of our restaurant. Next time you're in be sure to say hi, I'd love to meet you.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We enjoy dining , and Chop certainly made us happy. The welcome and seating was pleasant and quick. It seemed upbeat and friendly.
Our server was attentive and very helpful.
I enjoyed escargot to start . Yummy!
The 2 entrée, a blue cheese fillet and ribeye steak were prepared exactly as ordered .
Blueberry tea with mini creme brule just hit the spot to finish .
It's a dining room not a fast food restaurants.
We'll certainly be back.

Kristy M, General Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Good evening,

Thank you so much for the positive review! We pride ourselves in food served to perfection, so I am so glad to hear that's what you received. We look forward to having you dine with us again and to deliver another 5 star dining experience to you.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

The meal was very good and the service was excellent. As we were a group of nine, we had booked the separate room which seated us all comfortably (could have accomadated more) and so had a quieter atmosphere allowing for easy conversation.

Kristy M, General Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for reviewing us! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time in our private dining room - it truly is a great atmosphere for a more intimate party setting! We look forward to having you dine with us again.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Went here for the first time and really liked it. The restaurant is very clean, great food and service. The prices are the same anywhere. I will go back

Kristy M, General Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Good evening,

I am so glad you had a wonderful visit with us, and thank you for your positive feedback! I look forward to having you dine with us again in the future.