“Delicious food, generous portions, nice people :)”

Arabesque Hookah Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #403 of 1,763 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Delicious food at Arabesque! Started with Egyptian mint tea. My new favourite thibg. You can taste the fresh mint, it was lovely on a chilly evening.
Portions are generous here ... We've been eating for half an hour and there's so much food left. Shared the Arabesque combo and got a little of everything ... beef & chicken skewers, shawarma, hummus, grilled eggplant dip, fries with a fantastic spice drizzle. Next time, I've got my eye on the tabbouleh ...
Dessert was baklava, pastry stuffed with pistachios, and with a nice and not-overwhelming level of sweetness. Next time, I'll pair it up with Turkish coffee.

The people at Arabesque were really helpful, explaining what was on offer, making good suggestions for tea and food, and encouraging us just to enjoy and relax - even after we had finished paying. Decor was nice, loved the wall hangings. A worthy addition to the Corydon strip, I'll be back :)

Arabesque M, Owner at Arabesque Hookah Cafe & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We are pleased you enjoyed your experience, we look forward to serving you soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

My friends and I decided to try something new in coming here. We got a few dishes to share and the food was excellent! Their hummus is the best I've ever had. Don't come in a rush as everything is prepared fresh to order so it may be a bit slow.

My friends were disappointed that there was no alcohol on the menu but it didn't bother me. I'd recommend the Palestinian tea which was really good.

Definitely worth a visit!

Arabesque M, Owner at Arabesque Hookah Cafe & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2017

We are pleased you enjoyed your time at Arabesque. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

New restaurant that has only been open a few months. The food is great--on par with what I have eaten in the Middle East. Expect a variety of skewers and shawarma and salads. We had the "Arabesque Combo", which was good for four adults and leisurely conversation, and then we added small desserts. The moutabbal was superb--nice and smokey. The server was very friendly, but could have been more attentive. (Note: I found out about this restaurant because a friend works there, but I don't think that influenced my review.)

Arabesque M, Owner at Arabesque Hookah Cafe & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant, we are pleased you enjoyed your experience. Next time you come in we will ensure you get more service to your liking.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

This isn't a typical foreign restaurant where you get Arab and Canadian food, nor does it serve a North American adaptation of popular Arab dishes.

Take a flight to Syria and this is what you'd be eating. It's as authentic as it gets and it's EXCELLENT food.

The tea, falafel, and moutabbal are all amazing. Try the Arabesque Combo. It's meant for two people but if you're like me you'll end up eating it all yourself.

I'd give this place ten stars if I could. I'm going to keep coming back.

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant, we are pleased you enjoyed your time. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

To use vastly overused terms... genuine and authentic.

Simple preparations, nicely plated, make for delicious offerings. The coffee and teas are outstanding. Everything we tried was fantastic. Likely not what you may be expecting as many of these dishes have westernized over the years. This is much closer to what you would get at a small place somewhere away from the tourist traps of the middle east.

Go and enjoy!

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our restaurant, we are pleased you enjoyed your time. We look forward to seeing you again!