“Over priced”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Had lunch here with a few friends and wasn't very impressed by their very over priced and small lunch menu. My friend ordered the chicken and bacon sandwich. The amount of bacon in the sandwich was so small, it almost looked like a few bacon bits.

Also, our waitress seemed annoyed and like she didn't want to be there. I've been once before and wasn't impressed but this will definitely be the last time.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Love this restaurant. Meals are good but the hilight is really the desserts. Amazing cheesecake and torte selections and diabetic options as well.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

My first time visit to Dessert Sinsations Cafe was for an afternoon- 3pm coffee date. Parking in downtown Winnipeg is scarce. I was pleasantly surprised that there is a shared parking lot in front.The Winnipeg Art Gallery is across the street.The tables had cards advertising the menu for Valentine's Day full course Dinner. There is a large dessert display counter-Cheese cakes ,fruit squares, pies. This is a full service cafe with a Breakfast,Lunch ,and Dinner menu. Some representative prices: refillable coffees $4.10 -$6.95, teas $3.75-$5.95, Sandwich Wraps $14, Soups $6.50- $8.25, Sharing Plates$18-$22, Sliders and Fries $$24-sides$1.95 - $7.75, Eggs all day-$13.75, Lobster Poutine $15.75,House Poutine $14.75,Curried Chicken Fingers$14.75, House Caesar Salad $17.95.
I think the big attractions for dessert Sinsations are its menu variety, location, ease of parking.
If you found this review helpful in anyway, please select the helpful review button. Thanks

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I was on my way to the Winnipeg Art Gallery but wanted to stop for lunch first. I pulled into the parking lot of this restaurant to search for a place to go and thought I should check out the reviews of this place. Everything I read was positive....so let's go in. The server brought me water and let me know the specials. I picked the special.....a chicken burger with caramelized 0nions, pears, brie, and arugula. There was a choice of sides....fries, salad, or soup. I chose the soup which happened to be borscht. Everything was excellent. Soup was flavorful with beets with a slight tang of vinegar. The sandwich was also good though a little messy.
Their selection of desserts were very tempting but huge slices and to be honest, a little pricey. But if you're sharing with someone, a bit more reasonable.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

I popped in to Dessert Sinsations for some delicious to go creations for my coworkers. I chose mini cheesecakes which I was told were delicious. I, also, chose a slice of Cafe Cheesecake & a slice of Ginger Maple Cake to share with my fiancé. Taste bud party for two.
The cafe was clean and the decor modern. The service was friendly & efficient. The dessert selection was bountiful.
A wonderful date night place to share a delicious dessert & connect over conversation. A nice family cafe to sip hot chocolate/have dessert while bonding the flavours.