“Best Cheesecake In the City”
Review of Dessert Sinsations Cafe - CLOSED

Dessert Sinsations Cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Love this restaurant. Meals are good but the hilight is really the desserts. Amazing cheesecake and torte selections and diabetic options as well.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

My first time visit to Dessert Sinsations Cafe was for an afternoon- 3pm coffee date. Parking in downtown Winnipeg is scarce. I was pleasantly surprised that there is a shared parking lot in front.The Winnipeg Art Gallery is across the street.The tables had cards advertising the menu for Valentine's Day full course Dinner. There is a large dessert display counter-Cheese cakes ,fruit squares, pies. This is a full service cafe with a Breakfast,Lunch ,and Dinner menu. Some representative prices: refillable coffees $4.10 -$6.95, teas $3.75-$5.95, Sandwich Wraps $14, Soups $6.50- $8.25, Sharing Plates$18-$22, Sliders and Fries $$24-sides$1.95 - $7.75, Eggs all day-$13.75, Lobster Poutine $15.75,House Poutine $14.75,Curried Chicken Fingers$14.75, House Caesar Salad $17.95.
I think the big attractions for dessert Sinsations are its menu variety, location, ease of parking.
If you found this review helpful in anyway, please select the helpful review button. Thanks

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I was on my way to the Winnipeg Art Gallery but wanted to stop for lunch first. I pulled into the parking lot of this restaurant to search for a place to go and thought I should check out the reviews of this place. Everything I read was positive....so let's go in. The server brought me water and let me know the specials. I picked the special.....a chicken burger with caramelized 0nions, pears, brie, and arugula. There was a choice of sides....fries, salad, or soup. I chose the soup which happened to be borscht. Everything was excellent. Soup was flavorful with beets with a slight tang of vinegar. The sandwich was also good though a little messy.
Their selection of desserts were very tempting but huge slices and to be honest, a little pricey. But if you're sharing with someone, a bit more reasonable.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

I popped in to Dessert Sinsations for some delicious to go creations for my coworkers. I chose mini cheesecakes which I was told were delicious. I, also, chose a slice of Cafe Cheesecake & a slice of Ginger Maple Cake to share with my fiancé. Taste bud party for two.
The cafe was clean and the decor modern. The service was friendly & efficient. The dessert selection was bountiful.
A wonderful date night place to share a delicious dessert & connect over conversation. A nice family cafe to sip hot chocolate/have dessert while bonding the flavours.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

I have visited this restaurant on several occasions with friends...I have eaten breakfasts and dinners here, as well as evening coffee/dessert. Although the desserts and the selection of sweet treats ARE amazing, this downtown restaurant is mis-named - I think that the true beauty of this restaurant is their meals! My favourite breakfast is the eggs poutine - a creative version of regular poutine: sweet potato fries are topped with eggs and hollandaise sauce and sprinkled with bacon...absolutely delish and a little decadent. For dinner, their made-from-scratch soups and salads are terrific; and they have a good selection of sandwiches (including a wonderful goat cheese, pesto and tomato sandwich), wraps, gourmet burgers and terrific entrees (including lamb, mussels, and charcuterie board options) to choose from. The staff are always very friendly and they don't care if you linger over coffee for an extended time to visit - always welcome when with friends.

And although I love the restaurant most for their meals, they also serve a wide variety of teas and coffees, and trruly amazing hot chocolate that they make with belgium chocolate.