“Generous Portion of Moussaka!”
Review of Olympia Diner

Olympia Diner
Ranked #186 of 1,765 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Diner, Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2016

My husband & I were in the area for a social, so decided to check this place out. Had the moussaka served with Greek salad & lemon potatoes, all excellent. They gave me enough moussaka for two more meals, which was awesome! My husband had the 2 piece chicken souvlaki along with the Greek salad & lemon potatoes. He was still hungry! Service was a tad slow but the place was packed. Prices were very reasonable. For the two of us with 2 glasses of wine came to $51. We'll for sure be back & I will again order the moussaka. Enjoy!

1  Thank waltra

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

I have eaten at Olympia many many times. Have not been back since it's closure.
Driving by it and viewing the junk that is pilled up in the kitchen window, which is facing Portage Ave, is disgustng. It has always been an eyesore. I had hoped once the placed was ready to be reopened that would be taken care of. It gives a really dumpy look to the restaurant. Sad really because the food is fantastic. This won't stop me from eating there. Hopefully the owner will walk around to the front and see what I see. Thank you.

1  Thank Elizabeth F
Reviewed 13 October 2016

I had chicken souvaki (sure that isn't the right spelling but it is early am), greek salad, lemon potatoes. Excellent potatoes, about three pieces of chicken on this plate and no tomatoes in the greek salad. Kitchen was off that day I have eaten here many times and it was much better. Perhaps difficult to get a table of ten served at lunch? I know it was rather busy but.... and 13.75 was too much for what was served.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Temporary closure is over - family is happy. Good food, lots of it, and a reasonable price. Great staff and wonderful attitude. Go a little later in the evening to miss the rush!

Reviewed 30 September 2016

This family owned Greek style restaurant has been in the neighbourhood for 15+ years and is a trusted favourite of the locals and well worth the effort to get to if you're from out of town. It's all homemade, the prices are reasonable and the portions ample. I guess that's why it's always got a steady flow of customers. You can't go wrong with pretty much anything on the menu but the Lemon Potatoes are always a winner.

2  Thank Grammyplamla