“Outstanding!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Bellingham, Washington
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We've passed White Rock on Hwy 99 multiple times but never stopped by ... until last night. With no recommendations or research, we drove onto Marine Drive and were underwhelmed by the dining options. It was obvious, though, that Moby Dick's was THE restaurant as it was packed while all the others were nearly empty. Now we know why.

The owners are actively involved with creating a dining experience, with friendly service, great personal touches (e.g., stamping our daughter's wrist with a large whale stamp so that the whale's tail could "move"), and making some absolutely amazing fish and chips!

I almost don't want to post this review to keep others away from our new find. But after 36 years in business, the owners have certainly made a name for themselves!

Will we be back? Repeatedly.

• Visited February 2012

• Korean first
“Lovely in the Summer”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I love coming here for Fish and Chips! They give you large portions, the fish is fresh and the fries are crispy. Nice location and view, great to people watch. Don't be fooled by the long line up, they are usually waiting for pick up. If you want to sit inside, it is usually a short wait.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Live4it
Surrey, Canada
“Although I'm not a local, this is the place to go for fish and chips at white rock beach area.”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I live in surrey, and if I get a hankering for top notch, down at the beach fish and chips then this is the spot. So much other stuff to see in the area while you are down there...a stroll on the beach, some nice little shops.

1 Thank Josie K
Summerland, Canada
“This place is even busy in the winter!”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Lighly battered fish and chips. You can see and taste the ling cod unlike other places that have a small peice of fish. They give you an extra fish! Order the 2 peice with fries and get three. The interior has lots of fun whale pictures and props for young children.
A great place for a casual meal.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank HotMustardMan
Abbotsford, Canada
“Fish and Chips With Hair”
Reviewed 7 May 2011

We have been to Moby Dick before and love the atmosphere and food. Tonight my son and I went for an early Mother's day dinner. All was well until I picked up a french fry and dangling from an 8" hair was more fries, it reminded me of a string of christmas lights. The waitress offered to remake the meal, we just asked for a small fry. If it wasn't for my son, and it being for Mother's day I would have just asked them to take it away. They made us a small fry so we could finish our meal, but I did keep my eyes peeled for hair. I've never seen anything like it. That said, they did not discount the meal, we paid full price and got out of there. What's worse is there was no, sorry, no concern from the management - that was surprrising to me. I woudn't be feeling the same about this place. It was a good value, but that guess that depends on how you feel about long hair in your fries.

• Visited May 2011