“Ski Paradise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
A TripAdvisor Member
“Ski Paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

The Aspens is located at the base of Blackhome. At the end of a long day of skiing the jets in their hottub were amazing. The room was clean, spacious and everything worked. We were not interested in nightlife, so this location was perfect. It was very quiet.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

RQWManagement, Manager at Aspens on Blackcomb, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.
On behalf of ResortQuest Whistler we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Please come back again soon.

Warmest Regards
Guest Service Manager
ResortQuest Whistler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

We visited for a weekend and stayed at a privately rented 2 bed. Check-in was slow and when we got to the apartment they had self cleaned the oven. This meant the place was very hot and we couldnt use the oven to make dinner. The beds were the worst I have ever stayed in and were very uncomfortable. The place was cheaply decorated and I felt the carpets must have been there for 20yrs+. There were chips in the furniture and the place was desperately in need of some tlc.
The location is great for ski-in ski-out and the owners gave us a late check out which was very helpful.
It was an expensive place to stay and I didn't think it was worth the expense.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
RQWManagement, Manager at Aspens on Blackcomb, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write this review, i would however like to get some more information from you.
Please could you email me with regards to the room number that you stayed in, so that we can get to the bottom of the issues that you dealt with.

Regards
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I've skied a lot at Whistler Blackcomb and always favour the Blackcomb mountain. I love to stay in the upper village and for the past few years have always noticed the 'Aspens' on my ride up for the base to the mid-station. I loved the look and idea of an outside swimming pool and 2 hot tubs.

I was excited to find a reasonable deal on line for spring break in a 2 bedroom offering.

Upon check in the staff seemed very abrupt and rude to the point when another guest asked for some change for the laundry room.

Our room itself seemed very dated and poorly maintained. The cleanliness was a big issue when my daughter found a half smoked joint left on one of the beds. Not to mention the 3 socks that we found under beds and dressers. The selection of plates and glassware was a real mix and match from probably 6 different sets. Carpets were worn, wardrobes doors were falling off, the bathroom shower door was to the point of damn dangerous as it fell on me rather than one of my children and the door on the TV cabinet also fell off in the second bedroom. The beds, especially the sofa bed seems very worn and uncomfortable.

Now if you like a common hot tub that you share with 50 people it might be great! But just too many at any one time.

The location is one of the best on the mountain. A small walk, 200 yards, down the slope and you're in Blackcomb village. Great for ski-in and ski-out with young children still learning.

I wanted it to be so much more but will not choice to use this location again when i can get a better quality and cleaner property 100 yards up the hill at Painted Cliff.

I must try the Coast Resort another 100 yards further as that looks like a gem.

Overall - Disappointed, Dated and could de so much better.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
RQWManagement, Manager at Aspens on Blackcomb, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
ResortQuest are truly sorry that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, and we would really like to help make this situation better.
Please can you email me with regards to the unit number you stayed in and if you remember the name of the front desk agent that served you.
ResortQuest pride ourselves on making sure that our guests have the best stay they can, and I am very disappointed that this was not the case for you.
Again, Please email me so that we can get to the bottom of this.
I hope to hear from you soon
Warmest Regards

Spokane, Washington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

The location of the Aspens on Blackcomb is excellent. You can walk a very short distance from the Condo to the shops and food in the village. SKI in and OUT could not have been better.
There are some thing that need to be addressed about staying at the Aspens though. They really could use another front desk person between the hours of 4pm-8pm. This is check in time and guests are also coming to the desk for towels for the pool and any questions they may have. We had to wait 10 minutes or more to get pool towels. We arrived on a Monday during Spring Break and the hot tub by the pool was broken. We were guests here for a week and it never was fixed. That left the other 2 small ones for LOTS of guests! We had to walk back to our room 3 different times due to the tubs being full and no room was available for us to get in them. For the room, it was decent. Upon arrival we did notice several of the dishes were still dirty in the cabinets. We re-washed them but it was kinda gross. The blinds in our bedroom were broken and so was the screen to the window. Room #129. We were also left with a notice in our room explaining to leave everything locked from windows to sliders due to multiple break ins on the ground level units. (Stay on a higher floor if you can!) The bed was the worst I have ever slept on in any hotel. The mattress was hard as a rock. I got a kink in my neck the first night and that was rough trying to ski with that each day. I wish the bed was better, I would go back if they were to improve the mattress situation.

Room Tip: I would choose a different location due to the poor comfort level of the bed. If you don't care...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. At ResortQuest Whistler we appreciate all our guest reviews in order to help us make your stay better.

Thank you for your input on front desk staff, I will certainly look in to that, it sometimes is a challenge train and bring in extra staff when we have a busy periods, but I will defiantly look it to it, I do apologize that you had to wait to receive pool towels.
With regards to the hot tub, I completely understand your frustration, it was very unfortunate that one of them was not working. As our pool and hot tubs are looked after by the Strata Council at the Aspens On Blackcomb, we do not really have any pull with regards to the maintenance, all we can do is trust that it is fixed as quickly as possible and of course apologize to our guests.

On behalf of the Management team, I can not apologize enough for the issues in your room, they are down to us to fix and I feel very embarrassed that you had to wash your own dishes. With regards to the blinds, screen and bed, did you notify the front desk? I’m very sure that our maintenance team would have dealt with any issues immediately.

With regards to the note that was in your room concerning break-ins, that was and is something we have been asked to put in all our ground floor units by The Whistler RCMP, for safety reasons only, The Aspens On Blackcomb has only had one break-in, but other hotels have not been so lucky. We truly just want to make sure our guests have the nicest, safest experience possible.

All in all ResortQuest Whistler hopes that you do come back and visit us again soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me via email to discuss this further.