“Too noisy!!”

The Listel Hotel Whistler
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Thankfully only staying here 1 night; currently writing this at 3am; sweating my bits off and feeling very grumpy. The air con unit in the room is "mobile", meaning it has a tube which has to run out of the window in order to work; meaning the window has to stay open. Noise from the gaggle of party people downstairs outside until 2am not impressive. Noise from the AC unit itself is unbearable so that got switched off promptly hence why I'm sweating my 'proverbials' off and just when you think it's quiet you get random noise kick up from the kitchenette appliances!! Right now I am very close to unplugging the fridge! One is not a 'happy camper'.
Was expecting a hotel room not a self catering 'apartment'. Whilst it's centrally located to a very good selection of bars, restaurants and shops DO NOT stay here if you want to get an early night or if you are particularly sensitive to noise. From having read the other reviews of a similar nature is is not somewhere I would have chosen to stay myself but I am stuck here as part of an organised tour.

Stayed: September 2017
Doug A, General Manager at The Listel Hotel Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Hello Lucy_Looo_UK. I am sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience, but I believe it was a different hotel you were staying at. We have Air Conditioning units in most of our guest rooms, but none fit the description you mention, as all of our units are built directly into the exterior wall. None of our guest room Air Conditioning units are mobile, nor have any sort of tube to the window.
Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Nice place.In the village,near the walking trail ,shopping area and the popular restaurants and village shops.
Breakfast is good.Room service and staff helpful.
Great parking facility.Staff is always there to help you on directions.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Rakhisameer. I'm very happy to hear our staff assisted you throughout your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

The hotel is well situated near town centre. Parking 20 CnD per night not anounced ahead - disapointing.

Staff very nice and friendly. Room comfortable and VERY good beds. The room even had a fan - nice as the nights were pretty hot.

Disappointet and surpriced that the breakfast was SO poor: No cheese, no ham or salami or eq. but cold hard boiled eggs and jam in small packets.

Stayed at Listel 29th August to 1st Sept. 2017

M. Knudsen

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 09Helga

Hello 09Helga. Thank you for your review. I am very happy to hear you found our guest rooms and beds comfortable. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed by the continental breakfast offered. It is true we do not offer meat and cheese with our continental breakfast, but do offer an extended selection of other items that are often absent at other hotel continental breakfasts. We are always evaluating our amenities and appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We stayed as part of a tour. Our bags arrived to our room quickly. The room was small but adequate for a two night stay. Breakfast was provided and very good despite the crowed dining room. The room was noisy from the partying overnight but there was a mountain bike festival in town and we were on the ground floor. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Higher up would be better due to the overnight noise.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello markandglenda2013. Thank you for your review. The Crankworx mountain bike festival is one of the most popular times in Whistler. I hope you got to enjoy some of the festivities. I am happy to hear you appreciated our friendly helpful staff. We hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Front desk staff were friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Check in was quick. Room was spotlessly clean with 2 queen beds that were very comfortable. There is no in room air conditioning however there is a portable air conditioner in the closet, and an opening window. The hotel website says it is a modest hotel, which is quite accurate. The continental breakfast was quite satisfactory. The location of the hotel was very convenient to everything, I would stay here again. I booked on Hotwire.com and was not disappointed.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family