“Great accomodation and service”

Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed 2 August 2017

My wife booked this hotel a while ago for one night. We did not want to take a chance.
She asked for a quiet room preferably top floor. Well let me tell you, we arrived early expecting to wait for the room to be ready. The room was ready and we got exactly what she asked for! We then said that we would probably stay an additional night so we were told to come later on tonight. So we did but by that time they were fully booked...however the nice receptionist Nicola managed to let us stay in our room for an additional night. She was very very nice, in fact they were all very friendly and pleasant. I must mention David Houseman, Spanish fellow, who was extremely helpful, friendly and courteous. The hotel is centrally located, modern and hall the extras you would expect.
Jacob

Room Tip: Corner suite, top floor
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jacobendure7
Josh R, Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a positive review Jacob.

I am so pleased that we were able to go above and beyond to exceed your expectations. I am so pleased that Nicola was able to accommodate you for another night's stay, and that David was so helpful. I will certainly pass on your lovely comments to them both.

I do hope that you will be able to visit us again in the not too distant future, and please let us know if you do as we love to meet our return guests.

Josh

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We absolutely fell in love with this place. They have thought of it all! My boyfriend and I stayed here mid July and cannot say enough about it. Super friendly front desk- Sam! We both thought he was fantastic. The free one hour bike rental is the cherry on top. They are dog friendly which we think is so awesome, they even have a board at the front entrance with dog names who are currently in the hotel. The rooms are exceptional. Brand new, beautiful, large, great views and has all the extras. They even have soft music playing on the tv when you enter - and a little rubber ducky in the washroom! The pool, hot tub and spa are excellent. Free coffee, hot chocolate, lattes, French vanilla, etc. in the hotel lobby. They have a very delicious breakfast they offer for a small price. We also LOVE their little sense of humour that is spread out throughout the hotel postings etc.

This is certainly a 5star hotel. We were so sad to leave!! We would highly recommend to anyone. By far, best hotel we have visited. We LOVED our stay and will be back. Thank you Sam and the Summit Lodge!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a lovely review Sunshineyday2828! I am so delighted that your stay was so magical and memorable, and that we made such a lasting impression on you. We are passionate about creating memorable and unique experiences for our guests, and I am so pleased that our long list of amenities, small surprises and staff all made up a very special visit to Whistler for you. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our superstar, Sam, and please let us know when you plan to be back in Whistler, as we love to meet our return guests!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

We stayed here mid April and had fantastic time staying a week at Summit Lodge. The staff are all great and friendly and happy to help 24/7. The hotel itself is immaculately clean and well kept.

You're pretty much left to yourself as there's no bar or restaurant so you're free to go in to town and see what's around. In terms of bars and restaurants there isn't much particularly close by to the hotel but the nearest places are only a 5-10 min stroll through the village. It does mean your only food option if you want something close after about 13:00 is Domino's Pizza but every room has a well equipped kitchen if you've stocked up from the supermarket, just across the road.

The spa is great after a day out up the mountains and there's a hot tub, small pool and sauna. The hot tub gets busy after about 16:00 but then that's standard in any mountain resort. There's a ski and board storage room by the main entrance which is kind of a shop and storage place. They do equipment tuning and repairs as well as look after your gear and you can get in 24/7 as reception will open the room up if it's shut. The guys here at Underground Tuning really know their stuff and I got my repaired and tunded board by Yohann who did an amazing job.

There's a coffee machine in reception but it's in a side room that gets locked at night so not so great if you want a hot chocolate to warm you up as you get back after a few drinks at night. The coffee's not bad though.

We stayed in a deluxe queen room which had plenty of space to sprawl out and keep your stuff. The kitchen has pretty much all you'll need while on holiday and we had a small balcony but didn't really use that much. Overall it's a great place to stay and reasonably priced for places in Whistler.

Other stuff:
Room number - 409
Tea making facilities: Nespresso style coffee machine with replenished pods each day.
Toiletries - Shower gel, shampoo and body lotion in large pump action dispensers.
TV channels - A lot.
In room safe - No.
Internet - Free wifi throughout and works pretty well.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobster13
Josh R, Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you so much for providing us with such a thorough and detailed review Bobster13. I am so pleased that so many aspects of your stay were so positive. I am delighted that our friends at Underground Tuning did such a splendid job on your board - I will pass on your kind words to them! I am also pleased to let you know that we have moved our coffee machine to the lobby and it is now available 24/7 for those post-drink pickmeups!

I am sorry that you felt our location was a fair distance from any restaurants and shops. We are based on Main Street, located just off the Village Stroll in Whistler village. For anyone reading this review, please ask us for a map as we can understand that many buildings look the same in Whistler, and it may be difficult to navigate. There are bars and restaurants around the hotel on Main St. including our in house restaurant Elements, and neighbours at Sachi Sushi. The Olympic Square across the road from us also has a wide range of stores. I hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in Whistler, and our friendly front desk team will be happy to point these out to you, and even help with any reservations you may need!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

We booked into this hotel on our travels towards the national parks, we intended to stop for 1 night but ended up staying an extra night. The rooms are simply adorable with good sized comfortable beds large bathroom. The bed side clock was a small iPad! Great hotel staff always smiling and happy to help. Underground carpark with direct access lifts to floors. There is limited time waiting outside the hotel but once you go beyond that time it does cost and we were told it is enforced. A public free carpark is a 5 minute walk away. Whistler is a purpose built resort mainly for skiing but it is also a good place for walks and cycling and the hotel provided cycles if you want to go out and explore.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank walshy1160
Josh R, Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a lovely review Walshy1160!

I am delighted that we were able to spoil you for an extra night in the Summit Lodge. We are truly passionate about providing our guests with individual and memorable experiences whilst they stay with us, whilst also making sure that we provide the solid base to explore Whistler. It is wonderful that we delivered this during your time with us, and I do hope that you will stay with us when you pass this way again.

Josh

Reviewed 26 July 2017

WOW! Just Wow! I have worked in the hotel industry for 9 years and have never been so impressed with a hotel. All the extra little touches made my stay 5 stars. I had booked on expedia due to not being able to get a preferred rate with my company and I am so happy I was able to experience this hotel. I am a silver member with expedia and because of this I had received a hand written card and bottle of wine complimentary and a room upgrade. Little did the hotel know it was my birthday and I felt like a queen! Once I entered the room they had some soft Jazz music playing. There was a teddy bear on the bed and a rubber ducky with the bathtub. Even the shower amenities smelt so good. The hotel hot tub and pool are was so relaxing. The hotel offers a fish program for those who are lonely and want a little friend in their room. They have two lobby dogs to greet you. AMAZING! A candy bar beside the reception desk oh and 24hr coffee ... yes please! And if that wasn't enough the offer a complimentary hour bike rental so you can explore on you own. Both girls that I interacted with at the desk were so friendly and offered me a late check out. (July 19/20th) You can tell they really loved their job and were always smiling even with the one on a back to back shift. I can't thank the Summit Lodge enough for for making my stay so enjoyable. It is hotels like this that are setting a new standard in the hotel industry and challenges hotels to offer something different.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MsCassBee
Josh R, Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Wow! What a lovely review to read McCassBee.

I am absolutely delighted that we were able to provide you with such a wonderful experience during your time in Whistler. We are really passionate about creating a memorable, unique and individual experience for each of our guests, and it seems that your stay with us ticked all of the boxes.

We really hope that you will be back very soon to stay with us again. Please do let us know if you are planning on coming back, and if it is another special celebration, as we love to make our guests feel special!