“Favorited sushi place! ”
Review of Kawakubo

Kawakubo
Ranked #10 of 231 Restaurants in Vernon
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Best sushi I've ever had! I've been here a few times and ordered takeout countless times. I am a vegetarian and I've never been to a sushi restaurant that had so many creative vegetarian options! I love it. My go to is always the cucumber seaweed salad and the midori maki roll. Once you have sushi here you won't want to go anywhere else!

4  Thank KaitScout

Reviewed 20 September 2016

We brought foodie friends here for our first visit, having heard great things. They did not disappoint! Our friends declared it to be the best sushi they'd ever tasted, anywhere (and one lived in Japan for several years). Artistically exquisite presentation, great service, and the food was exceptional from start to finish. Wow!

3  Thank delarc0
Reviewed 12 September 2016

This is probably my favourite sushi spot in Vernon. After a stimulating round of golf at The Rise, I ended up at this gem of a restaurant. There was 5 of us for dinner and we ordered a huge assortment of sashimi and nigri. The sashimi was particularly tasty and fresh.

I washed down all of this fine sushi with a couple of Sapporo's. What a wonderful evening!

3  Thank Silverwoods
Reviewed 8 September 2016

Nice ambiance, cozy sushi bar and excellent food. Won Ton soup is delicious with unique flavour as is the side salad dressing. Presentation is great and menu is large with many sushi roll choices. After a successful restaurant at its sister location in Revelstoke the owners have opened in Vernon and glad they did! Have been here a few times with different friends and they all are impressed. Ordered the special this time as they were closing the kitchen for the afternoon and was not disappointed-everything was fresh and tasty and we even brought some home as portions were large. Service was excellent - will be back!

3  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Loved the Gyoza!! California roll was good to. I love sushi and this was fresh and yummy. I could eat Gyoza till I threw up lol and I liked there's. Restaurant looks awesome too. And staff were lovely!!

2  Thank Niki_au