“Excellent Pho but bad Pad Thai”

Fresh Lemongrass Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 232 Restaurants in Vernon
Reviewed 28 October 2016

As a Pho lover and someone who's been on a very long foodie trip in Vietnam, I do come here for Pho and Vietnamese vermicelli bowls. Their broth is probably the best in town, so I would say if you want Vietnamese food, then any decision is a good one off the menu.

However, I've been in the mood for Pad Thai recently and noticed it on the menu today. I'm being honest when I say it was straight up terrible! Ugh, it was way too sweet, not spicy at all, and I guess the only plus was the amount of chicken and tofu that came with it. I was only able to eat half and took the rest to go, just not sure what I'll be doing with the rest of it. Sad.

I will be coming back, just not for the Thai food.

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

My friend and I came here for dinner after she'd picked me up from the airport.
Fresh Lemongrass is one of her favorite spots to eat, so glad she shared it with me.
We were both very hungry and browsed over the menu to chose a noodle bowl that we would share as the portions are large and we both knew we were having pho to start. We'd both ordered the small vegetable pho and decided to wait before ordering the entree......well Oh My Goodness the bowl was packed with beautiful fresh veggies, a mound of rice noodles on the bottom and a delicious broth to complete the soup (and our dinner) as we has no room to even think about that noodle bowl.
So next time, and there will definitely be a next time I'm going to tackle one of the delicious looking noodle bowls that we seen going to neighboring tables.

Thank you!

1  Thank livethedash72
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

We had a couple of vermicelli bowls with salad roll to start. Large portions. 3 large salad rolls came as the appetizer. Very fresh. Some of the best spring rolls ever. Personal opinion, wouldn't do the salad roll again, would just do spring rolls. Wife really liked the prawns but needed more fish sauce. Great Vietnamese food, worth the trip. Will return for sure.

1  Thank JasperKelowna
Reviewed 18 October 2016

The restaurant is a plain, open concept type restaurant. It is very clean and unassuming. The food is excellent.

1  Thank 108shaned
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

This gem of a restaurant has great food, great value and generous portions. Take out is a good option as the place is generally busy or perhaps make a reservation.

1  Thank 57geo