“Disappointed in my favorite breakfast spot”
Review of Blue Fox Cafe

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Harris Green
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have been coming to Victoria every summer for 16 years and ALWAYS have breakfast at the Blue Fox. We also recommend it to friends who come to visit. Our last time there we were both very disappointed in our breakfast. I had the Mexican omelette, which is one of my favorites and it wasn't very good - the pork was dry and had no flavor. I'm hoping it was just a bad day.

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,610)

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for tea...beautiful cafe & good service! We will return because the menu looked great. The tea selection is impressive:) There are several very creative shops in this area..the rug shop next door☆

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Abit of a queue outside to get a table at 9.30 am but waited about 15 mins.
Busy place huge breakfast selection.
Really nice breakfast cooked fresh. Quality food and very nice indeed. Recommend.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

The Blue Fox Café does have a big following. If you go for weekend breakfast, chances are, you will have a wait. It’s first come, first served. You will stand in line, as there is no list. We waited about 30 minutes.

I would advise getting there early. We got to Blue Fox about 9 AM. By the time we left, the line had doubled.

That said, the food and drink was more than worth the wait. They have the most extensive menu of eggs benedict variations I have ever seen. I ordered Moroccan style chicken eggs bene. It was the perfect balance of spicy and sweet. My husband had an eggs and potato dish, I don’t remember which one. Both were excellent.

Our drinks were special Mimosas. They were delicious. The rim had burnt sugar and the garnish was a gooseberry. It made a lovely addition.

Our server was polite and prompt.

The kitchen is tiny but mighty. All food is cooked to order. So, it will take a while to before your food arrives.

The dining room is small. For someone who needs a lot of space or has mobility issues, Blue Fox Café might not be for you.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 14 July 2018

We had about a 30 minute wait but it was worth it. I had the pancakes that I came no where near to finishing, could easily be shared. Everyone's portions were so large they all could have been shared. The taste was wonderful and the food combinations were unique and interesting. Give yourself time, not a place to go to if you have an appointment to make.