“Great dinner experience”

ferris' oyster bar and grill
Reserve with OpenTable
ferris' oyster bar and grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 1,245 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Three restaurants in one location; the more casual downstairs Grill, serving burgers seafood & pastas, the upstairs Oysterbar serving local seafood & steaks with a Mediterranean flare, and the next door Perro Negro, serving Spanish tapas.
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Someone told us to eat in the Grill and Patio Garden portion, so we did that. It was a cute patio that fit 6 of us comfortably. We ordered fries for the table. Then a few of us got main plates that included fries (I got the fish and chips, which was really, really good). We asked if we could replace the fries with a side salad and they said it was a $2 up-charge. We kind of made a stink about it, and they were abnormally accommodating. I'm glad I did end up getting the salad because it was very good for a side salad. I felt like writing this review to give them 5 stars because I liked the ambiance, the food was very good, and the service was excellent.

1  Thank vanillachalk

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We ate at the Ferris Oyster Bar & Grill twice. The first night we stopped by for Buck a Shuck oysters and $4 beers. The freshness and size of the oysters led us back there a few nights later for the baked oysters. We started the second night with the clams and mussels and wanted to drink the broth from the bowl, it was that good. We also tried a sampling of the 9 different baked oysters and liked them all. Both times we ate on the outside deck and had great conversations with the tables next to us. Loved the oysters and the ambiance.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Great food, we had all seafood dishes and it was delicious and reasonably priced. The cocktails and wine were also good. Service was perfect too.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

If you like fresh seafood, you will love Ferris'. Located downtown on Yates Street, Ferris has made a reputation for oysters, but there is something tasty there for everyone. I was able to take a pasta and chicken menu offering and, with the help of our great server Matt, transform it into a pasta, oyster, and garlic creation that was a joy to eat. The ambiance is welcoming and not pretentious, and the prices are very reasonable given the quality of the food and the service. Best earned five stars in Victoria.

1  Thank Bryan J
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Go directly to the cosy back patio surrounded by ivy covered brick walls - this is the real action central.I ordered ginger, carrot and coconut milk bottomless soup.it comes with French baguette and butter. The bowl is gargantuan so you are actually eating about four regular bowls of mouth watering goodness. This is running first in my private contest for Victoria's best bottomless soup. Step up and show me a better deal for $7. A dapper fellow was treating his special gal to this soup right beside me...... mmm. Yates St is seriously getting better this year 1