“Tea and beautiful gardens ”

The Teahouse at Abkhazi Garden
Ranked #136 of 1,278 Restaurants in Victoria
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gonzales
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Want afternoon tea that is not as expensive as The Empress and overs gorgeous gardens? Just a 10 minute cab ride from downtown Victoria and wonderful way to enjoy an afternoon tea and garden stroll.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We dropped in on a sunny afternoon to enjoy the garden and have a bite to eat. Neither the inside restaurant nor the tables in the garden were even close to being full. When giving our order, to share a charcuterie board with two cups of tea, we were informed there is a minimum charge of $12.50 per person.

A very limited menu, and the minimum charge - we passed on eating there.

1  Thank PeregrinaMo
Reviewed 30 May 2018

The tea house is situated on a hill in the middle of a one acre garden. The atmosphere is very nice and relaxing. Our server was Kent and he was very friendly and attentive.

My friends had Afternoon Tea with sandwiches, scones, quiches and pastries presented on a 3 tiered platter. My husband and I had Elevenses with a couple sandwiches, scones, quiches and pastries (smaller offerings). Mine was gluten free and was very good. All the orders came with huge pots of unlimited tea. Alchemist Tea was very good. Our only complaint was the rye bread tasted stale.

Overall, a very nice experience.

1  Thank Julie D
Reviewed 26 May 2018

This is an attractive setting with a sunny patio and some beautiful gardens. I love tea but am not a fanatic for the accompaniments which I usually give to my wife. They don't offer a great variety of teas and, like so many places in Canada and Britain, seem to limit themselves to those of Indian and Sri Lankan origin, but Earl Grey is a favorite of mine so I chose that. I guess I should have specified that I wanted it hot.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

We had an early lunch out on the patio. Absolutely lovely gardens, courteous wait staff. We all had “Elevenes” which was an assortment of sandwiches, quiche and dainties and included our tea. All 3 of us enjoyed our food and the settings. There is also a small gift shop on site, that carries products from local artists. Highly recommend this little gem for your afternoon tea and at a fraction of the cost of others in Victoria