“Good...tiny little portions for the price”
Review of Sushi Matsuri

Sushi Matsuri
Ranked #210 of 1,278 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Dropped by because of the positive reviews, but I don't get why this resto gets 4.5 stars. The agedashi tofu to start was weak, using too soft tofu...characterless. The nigiri combo I had was solid, but some, if not most, was Lilliputian. Good quality but not value. The roll I had was intricately made but, again, left me wanting more. For $30 I would like to leave satiated. Instead, had to ho buy some samosas nearby to fill the holes. I found the food to be satisfying in many ways, and the service was friendly and efficient, but I left unsatisfied. Maybe a miso soup might have made the difference.

1  Thank Oliver1962

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Just south of the Parliament buildings, fresh sushi and bento boxes were offered at reasonable prices during lunch hour on a Thursday afternoon. Very fresh, good and friendly service. The employees seemed to be Korean, but no problem there. Located in a cute neighborhood.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Great sushi place. Ordered tempura and enough Sushi for my wife and I. Food was excellent and fresh. Service was also very good. We were greeted with Hot green tea as soon as we sat down with refills throughout the evening. This is a small family business and they do everything to make the visit a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Service was very quick and the food was amazing!!! Can't go wrong, even the prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

We are thrilled to have a delicious local sushi restaurant here in James Bay. We have visited Sushi Matsuri a few times since we moved to James Bay and it has always been delicious and fresh. The service is always friendly and the atmosphere relaxing and easy going. What more could you ask for? I love having Sushi Matsuri in James Bay. Eat here! You won't regret it.