“Great food but long wait ”

Thai Lemongrass Restaurant
Ranked #160 of 1,231 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed the food but the service was very slow. The menu looked interesting with a lot of choices. Loved the coconut rice. Had never had that before. The seafood dish had a good variety and was very tasty.

Reviewed 20 August 2015

My husband and I frequent this restaurant regularly. We usually come for dinner and share several dishes so that we can have a variety. We decided to give it a try for lunch. The lunch menu had two different types of lunch specials - 5 or 6 combos (which according to the menu came with soup and two small egg rolls) or a variety of 5 or 6 lunch dishes. When asked what the difference was between the different specials, the server gave us the obvious answer that the combo came with soup and salad (yes... the menu said that) but did not offer any additional information as to the size of the portions or what came with the lunch special (rice?) or how it was prepared. Language may have been a barrier. We both ordered a combination plate. The soup was so-so - clear broth, slice of carrot and some oriental cabbage. I ordered the green curry with chicken which was very flavourful and had a nice amount of spice to it. My husband had the Vegetarian Pad Thai which also looked very nice. The food was very tasty but I definitely prefer to come here for dinner. This is definitely our favourite Thai food restaurant in the city.

Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

So lucky to have rec'd a recommendation to this restaurant after our tour of UVIC. This is by far the best Thai food we've eaten and the service is incredible. We arrived a little early and our hostess was so accommodating as we had a ferry to catch back to Vancouver. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 5 August 2015

Yummy food, except the snapper, which tasted too fishy! I loved the crispy squid. We collected our food to eat at home and it was ready very quickly.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

Last week my I, my wife, mother and son went to the Thai Lemongrass Restaurant and what a pleasant surprise it was! They offered a wide variety dishes in the Thai style, all at very reasonable prices. The spring rolls were delicious as was the curry chicken appetizers. My entrée of garlic prawns on a bed of greens was mouth watering, as were the dishes that my family had. The service was excellent and the décor relaxing. We are definitely going back.