1,513 results
All reviews games room jonathan's restaurant full kitchen great location one bedroom suite courtesy shuttle parliament building quiet street hot tub sofa bed inner harbor laundry room bit dated port angeles indoor pool within walking distance an older hotel
Reviewed 16 September 2018

… was my wife's reaction when seeing our suite for the first time. The decor reminded us of Scotland as did the Piper. To my shame i did not congratulate the fellow for his Bagpipe music.
The bear was also a hit with my kids.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Location was second to none allowing easy pedestrian access to fisherman's wharf and the town centre.
With only a few hours in Victoria it allowed us to make the most out of our stay.
I am being a little light hearted with this review. The Suite (an upgrade) was lovely and did have a homey feel absent in many hotels these days.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2018

I am a retired lady. We live up island (Nanaimo). My husband was taken to Cardiac Unit at the Royal Jubilee Hospital, Victoria. His open heart surgery was postponed 3 times due to excessive theatre time required.
I was fortunate to obtain a booking at the rather excellent Royal Scot. I had a spotlessly clean suite in the “Manor” area of the hotel. Large Liviing Room, Fully equipped kitchen; Large bedroom with sparkling white linen; spotless clean full bathroom (rather excellent shower). Due to husband’s surgery postponements, I stayed at the ROYAL SCOT for 30 DAYS. My husband and I have travelled extensively in our own Country, Europe and UK. I honestly can say that I have never felt so cared for. All the staff are very professional, and I witnessed so many going above and beyond to be helpful and....yes....kind and caring to their clients. Excellent at recommending areas of interest to visit Their Shuttle Van is a bonus and ferries hotel guests within a 10-block radius of the hotel (no extra charge). We have stayed at the other two prominent hotels harbour front both excellent but ‘sterile’ The Royal Scot shines in their ability to be both an excellent Hotel & Suites and their exceptional professional, friendly and caring staff.

Room tip: Trip Advisor Site not letting me complete Hotel Ratings: Rooms = Excellent; Sleep Quality = Excellent
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank hesitant
Reviewed 14 September 2018

We had booked the oceanfront resort suite (HGP) but at the last minute, we decided to stay one more day at Victoria. Unfortunately, HGP's fully booked. We had to book the Royal Scot across the street for one more day.
To my surprise, the room is so welcoming with "neat" full kitchen (I meant it, no smell, crystal clean) and full dining sets just like home. If you've stayed at many so-call resident hotels before you know what I meant. Either a filthy kitchen or a kitchen without any cookware / dining sets.
The sofa are not hotel room sofa but the real comfy sofa like the one in your house. The shower head is 2X larger than the HGP $400 oceanfront suite and water pressure is the same (then you know what I meant).
Yes, the oceanfront suite at HGP has unbeatable view and luxurious room service. But next time when I visit Victoria, I will come back to Royal Scot for long stay vacation.

Room tip: family style comfy
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018

A spacious, immaculate, very comfortable room. Very friendly service. A pleasure to stay here on our first day on Vancouver Island. Highly recommended. A short walk to everywhere in downtown Victoria. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

We usually stay here when visiting Victoria, except in the summer. Then we book hotels with air conditioning. Fortunately, the night temperatures this time cooled the suite quickly after the daytime temps.

The one bedroom suites give us ample space for hosting family and friends, and it’s nice to have the extra space during extended visits. All rooms we’ve had over the years include a large safe. Big enough for multiple tablets and phones, electronics bag, Bose headphones, and travel folder, with room to spare.

Staff are friendly and helpful. Free WiFi, and boarding passes can be printed on the lower level.

Convenient location. Easy walk to downtown, Fisherman’s Wharf, and the three different ferries.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarryOnTravl