All reviews mayfair mall free breakfast breakfast room yogurt make your own waffles medical reasons liquor store laminate flooring road noise priced hotel short drive downtown area hot breakfast room was clean and comfortable butchart gardens downtown victoria sofa bed
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed Labour Day Long Weekend. The rooms and facilities are clean. The hotel is a little dated, but otherwise good. The breakfast was basic, it did the job. Location was great. This hotel is affordable and clean, good place to stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NATandSAL
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

The staff is friendly and the rooms exceeded my cleanliness requirements. I would definitely stay here again. One perk is the breakfast. It is one of the best hotel breakfast included I've experienced.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shereen S
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We checked in on August 6th and stayed for one night. We had 2 rooms booked one pet friendly room where my husband and I stayed and one room with a king bed and a sofa bed for my mom and our 2 kids.
The hotel is a non smoking hotel yet the entire floor that my mom and kids were staying on smelled of cigarette smoke, the hallway carpets are stained and over all look of the hotel was pretty dirty.
When I went to make up the sofa bed for my son we noticed that the sheets were stained, there was human hair all over the sheets and the pillow case had blood on it!
We called for clean bedding. When the "clean" bedding arrived we were told that there was no comforter in the entire hotel
so a blanket would have to do. When we unfolded the very light weight blanket we noticed that it too was stained and had holes and cigarette burns all over it. We finally went to car and got him a blanket that we had from our camping trip. For a room that my mom paid $189 for I think clean bedding and a smoke free environment should be expected.
As for the room that my husband and I stayed in (room 158) that was also a complete disaster. My husband woke up at 6:00am only to step in a big puddle of water on the wood floor (all pet rooms have wood floors) during the night the air conditioner had broke and leaked water all over the floor and had soaked my husbands bag that had his work computer and important work papers. They were completely ruined. It took a very long time for us to finally speak to the manager Cheryl Wang. She came to our room, turned off the air conditioner and asked to see the bag and look at the wet papers. Due to my husbands job he can't show just anyone his papers because of personal information they pertain.
She could see the pile of wet towels on the floor and the soaking wet bag. She told us "when you check out I will see if we can do something for you"
Upon check out were we're told that the damage wasn't as bad as we were claiming it to be (she assumed we were lying) and because we
wouldn't allow her to see the wet papers all she was willing to do was take $50 off our bill! We were utterly disgusted. She also told us that because maintenance had been called to turn on our air conditioning that it was running too long and that is why it broke. That is a complete lie!!! We never called maintenance.
The manager Chery Wang does not care about the guest and was very rude and condescending. There are many other places to stay in Victoria
BE WARNED DO NOT EVER STAY HERE!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Lazeo68
Reviewed 4 August 2017

This comfort inn has an address of the main highway but is actually a half block away which resulted in a surprisingly quiet stay. There is both a bar and a liquor store in the same building. The establishments are far enough away so no noise. I think the bar had food and the liquor store had soft drinks and snacks so no need to pay vending machine prices. Parking is ample and easy in and out near the main highway. There is a mall just a block or two away for food and shopping. The room was spacious and the beds comfortable with both firm and soft pillows. The breakfast room had meals including eggs and meat and the service people amazingly friendly and helpful.

The price is reasonable however you are not really in walking distance to the Harbor area. It's a short drive but most likely you will need to pay parking to be in the tourist areas. Overall enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TomJ56
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Everything was excellent. We chose a suite that had a bed and a sofa sleeper. The sofa sleeper was as comfortable as a bed.
The staff was helpful and friendly. Everything was clean.
The breakfast was very nice and as soon as things were emptied they were refilled with by a very cheerful helpful staff.
I would consider staying there again.
It is a bit of a distance from the main tourist area though an easy and inexpensive bus ride. It is a bit of a walk to the bus stop, maybe 4 blocks. So keep that in mind.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family