“Kinda cool”

Vancouver to Victoria and Butchart Gardens Tour by Bus
Ranked #14 of 180 things to do in Victoria
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Unique Tourist Attraction in Victoria, British Columbia. Located in the famous Empress Hotel. Awarded the 2016 Certificate of Excellence by TripAdvisor! Over 85 miniaturized dioramas. Further adventures, tiny treasures and little pleasures await all who continue into Frontier Land, Fantasy Land, The Great Canadian Railway,The Fields of Glory, Space 2201, Circus World,The Enchanted Valley of Castles, Old London Town of 1670 & The World of Dollhouses. Special effects in lighting, sound and animation are added to create this miniaturized extravaganza that continues to thrill and delight the young and young at heart! Our latest and greatest creation, "King Arthur's Camelot" is now open, adding 11 new exhibits to our existing collection.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Vancouver, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Kinda cool”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This is a place you just have to go into see. It's someone model railroad on steroids. There is a lot of work that went into this and it's ongoing. This wasn't my first trip there, I'll even be back.

Visited March 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun and Lots to See”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I try to get in to see it as often as I can. Last time I was in, as usual, there was litttle details to be found I had missed previous times. I heard they may be closed now, or closing, and I sure hope that is not the case as I plan to go this summer again.

Victoria, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Children LOVE minature Fairy worlds, circus world, train across Canada...”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The amount of work craftmanship and attention to details displayed in the many glass cases is awesome- many cases contain miniature worlds and kingdoms covering the history of Canada by train or from historical periods or from many Fairy Tales. I really like the whole Barnum and Bailey circus world. Another one of our favorites is a miniature saw mill that actually works. Although not cutting logs right now take a couple of minutes to view the short film showing this mini sawmill in action(near train across Canada area.)
It took me years before I spent the money on entry not so sure it would be worth it. After our first visit it became a regular for my young children who just loved it! Now they are grown but I still try to make an annual visit. It never ceases to amaze me. Located right below the Empress Conference center approach off the side road up from the Tourist Center. This is not one to rush through- it takes time to really SEE every little thing. Thank you to all the craftspeople who have the skill and patience to create this amazing dioramas. PS. Ask for family of 4 rate or AAA/CAA/BCAA & senior discounts

Visited January 2012
Stuart, Florida
128 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 335 helpful votes
“Very Interesting place”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

They have put a lot into this! Take your time going thru

Visited February 2012
Victoria, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Its interesting to see things done small but I got bored”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I found this place boring and dated. It wasn't for me. Hopefully other people can enjoy it more. I wouldn't go back.

Visited April 2011