“pleasant downtown seafood and more”
Review of Nautical Nellies

Nautical Nellies
Reserve with OpenTable
Nautical Nellies is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 1,289 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Broughton
Description: Nautical Nellies has been serving delicious premium aged steak and Ocean Wise seafood to Victoria for 20 years. Overlooking the inner harbour, the restaurant's heated patio and cozy interior set the tone to enjoy great food and wine from our award-winning list. The oyster bar hosts a large selection of fresh oysters with varieties from the Pacific Northwest and East Coast, and allows guests to watch their oysters be shucked right in front of them. Adjacent to the oyster bar is a traditional, gourmet and fusion sushi bar that serves beautifully plated sushi of the finest quality. OpenTable's "100 Best Outdoor Dining Restaurants in Canada 2017" Victoria News "Best of the City" - Best Steak & Best Seafood for 2014, 2015, 2016 Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence 2016"
Reviewed 23 March 2015

We received a 4 course anniversary dinner for two as a gift....the restaurant is downtown overlooking the harbour. The anniversary meal had choice of soup or salad, shared appy plate, choice for entree and dessert.We had kale caesar salads, crab cakes, strip steak and crab legs, and cheesecake. All were very generous portions, all very good. Our only comment was the steaks were too salty but otherwise cooked to our request. The atmosphere was nice and service very friendly and prompt. Would definitely recommend and will return for summer patio!

Date of visit: March 2015
Write a ReviewReviews (1,548)

Reviewed 23 March 2015

We ended up at Nautical Nellies as a happy mistake. The first place we chose for dinner was not able to seat us, our second choice had a 45 minute wait time, our third place smelled rather odd, and so Nautical Nellies was our 4th choice....and are we glad the first three did not work out!
The scallops appetizer was really good....done to perfection and served atop a corn hash. Tasty and just the right size.
I had the steak, crabcakes and shrimp and all were done perfectly. The crabcake was crisp on the outside, and softly smooth inside. The shrimp were maybe a touch overcooked, but the garlicky sauce on top made it all worthwhile. The steak I actually brought home because the first two items were more than enough for me for dinner.
My husband reported his filet done exactly to his request and the service was friendly and prompt without being obtrusive.
Maybe a little pricey considering the noise level (rather high) but well worth the visit.

1  Thank canadiancraftsman
Reviewed 22 March 2015

I took my Mum for lunch and were greeted right away and offered a table with a view of the Marina.
The service was perfect and not rushed which I like.
We both had the shrimp and scallop linguine which was perfect and a nice size for lunch.
Great place for lunch with a view.

1  Thank Turk204
Reviewed 17 March 2015

This is a very nice, but upscale restaurant. The food, service and atmosphere was excellent. I would advice making reservations

Reviewed 16 March 2015

We were in Victoria for the weekend to do a Halibut fishing trip with a local guide and the hotel we were staying in recommended Nautical Nellies for their Fish and Chips and other sea food.
The place is very crowded, there were 4 of us and I kept bumping into the person at the table behind me. Service was OK but not great. The food, now I love Halibut fish and chip so I ordered it at Nellies, what a disappointment. I have never had Halibut so tough in my life, it was very thin, less than 1/2 inch and over cooked, it was so poorly done I could not eat it all and at over $18 for fish and chips you would expect excellent food. I found Nellies to be over priced for what you got and over crowded.
Once we got our food we did not see our server again until we waved her down for our bill. After we left Nellies we went to a pub and had much better food. We will not be going back.

2  Thank RMPearson