“Lunch at the Alpen Club”

Vancouver Alpen Club
Ranked #1,103 of 3,847 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: German
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Love this place!
Great place, great Pork hock, great beer. Service is excellent, fast too!
Great value for money.

1  Thank Nuno G
There are newer reviews for Vancouver Alpen Club

Reviewed 3 November 2016

I went there twice recently, both times were good. I had pork hocks on special (Thursday) and it was very good. Beer is also good. However, I wish they standardize on half liter per beer, as some of them are 0.4 L and some 0.5 L. Price is a bit misleading, then. European pubs usually have 0.5 L per beer. They could be also open bit later then just untli 9 pm. Even when they don't chase you out right away :)

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Five of us dined on a busy Saturday night in October. Only one complaint - slow service. The rest was excellent. Polite young German waiter (second day on the job), good beer at a good price, authentic food, huge portions and very affordable. All five of us would return.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

I took my 85 year old father here for lunch today. The restaurant was busy as they had a large group with reservations.
There were two servers who were both working hard but, swamped with the amount of customers.
Our initial service was as expected but, to see a waitress again you had to go and locate her due to the volume they were dealing with.
My suggestion to the management is that if they know they have a large group coming in to hire on an extra server or two for the peak lunch period.
Saying this, the meal itself as very good. My father had the meatloaf and coffee. I had the 'Hunters" Schnitzel which was very good.
The amount of food you get is enough to fill the appetite of the hardiest eater.
My father commented on how good his meal was as well.
I have eaten here before and enjoyed it.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

We usually go once a year for the food and the live music which is always nice to enjoy with a group of friends. If you enjoy traditional Bavarian costumes and delicious German beer this is the place to be.

Octoberfest Presentations include authentic German cuisine , music and costumes. Fun for the whole family!