“tasty”

Timber
Ranked #102 of 3,914 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Description: Timber is Chef Chris Whittaker's second West End Restaurant. Timber pays tribute to British Columbia's rich timber history and the tough people who built this 'True North Strong & Free', one two-by-four at a time. The menu reads like a roadmap of Canadian comfort food. Watch for daily features such as tourtiere, fish & chips and classic butter tarts. Looking for a place to grab a craft beer and a mushroom gravy poutine while you curse the hockey refs on TV? This is the joint for you.
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Very flavorful fare and drinks. Must have the Humboldt Squid! The only drawback was the noise inside. The few outside tables were lovely on a summer night.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

The restaurant is part of the Listel Hotel where we stayed. After a 9.5 hour flight and transfer to the hotel we had not much appetie and ordered the BBQ Chicken wings and a beer out of a great selection. The taste was very good. Personnel is friendly and attentive. The next day we went back for the salt and pepper Chicken wings, which are also petty good.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We wanted something fun and easy going nearby and decided to try the hotels Timber bar/restaurant. The food and service were both very good and we enjoyed the casual atmosphere after a long flight. It gave us a first good impression of what they call Canadian comfort food. Whereby I have to say, not a big fan of the cheese curds and gravy on fries...we live in Belgium and I think I would go for the regular fries next time. But everyone's taste is different ;-)

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We had a dinner one night and happy hour another night at Timber, the place was right next to our hotel, The Listel. Well I can't say I've been to a lot of "Canadian Comfort Food" spots. I started with some good beer wife ordered some wine (did not like it and nice wait lady replaced it with a local drink) and next I got to try POUTINE with smoked pork gravy, cheese curds, chicharron a dish that has all the calories and twice the cholesterol as needed to make it through winter. I like gravy on fries but, now I've had it.

During happy hour, wife got a smoked pickled egg; she got the smoke but did not feel much pickle. They had a lot of other interesting BC like things but we had dinner plans next door at Forage.

The place is a big space has windows on to the street and a lot of TVs. You can look into the kitchen. Staff is nice and service is fast.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

This bar is attached to the nearby Listel Hotel and was serving food after their main restaurant's kitchen was closed. I had a fantastic fish and chips and was very impressed by their selections of local beer and wines.

Friendly service and a very relaxed atmosphere. I recommend.