“Authentic Italian Cuisine”
Review of Italian Kitchen

Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 4,098 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Granville Street
Cross street: Burrard
Description: This crisp and stylish room is perfect for after work, or a smart business lunch, and offers the ultimate in fresh Italian fare in the heart of the downtown core. Family platters, fresh pastas and regional Italian specialities combine with vintage wines and handcrafted cocktails to bring you a true taste of La Dolce Vita. Buon Appetito.
Reviewed 21 May 2017

My fiancé and I originally planned on going to another restaurant, but passed by the Italian Kitchen on the way. We walked in and the hostess and Mr. Giovanni Trigona (the head chef) met us at the door. The restaurant was packed but we were lucky enough to get a table in the upstairs section of the restaurant. The entire experience was wonderful. The wine selection was fantastic, the waiter was extremely knowledgeable of both the food and wine, and Mr. Trigona checked on us multiple times throughout the night to guide us through the menu, as well as get our feed back on the food. I had the Spaghetti Bolognese and my fiancé had the Spaghetti and meat balls which are both a family specialty from the restaurant founders. Both dishes were absolutely amazing. At the end of our meal we expressed our gratitude to Mr. Trigona and he insisted that we stayed for desert and made us fresh key lime cannolis before we left. We stayed much longer than an average dinner set, just enjoying the food, wine, and desert but the staff gave us all the space and time necessary for a wonderful meal and a special date with my fiancé. Next time I find myself in Vancouver I will definitely make a point to eat at the Italian Kitchen and would advise others to do the same!

1  Thank Chase K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,838)

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Buratta and prosciutto appetizer was a great start. We enjoyed the dinner on a lovely evening by the upstairs window..... great people watching on the street below. We'll definitely go back on our next Vancouver visit.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

You must try the gnocchi with duck confi. Prices are reasonable. Service excellent! House wine choice was also very good. Easy to find beside Tiffanys down town. It was recommended to me by a friend. Glad we tried it.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Quality and quantity of good were great. Service was exceptional. I found the restaurant a little loud and warm, though.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

We ate here on the recommendation of the concierge at the Metropol Hotel. The menu was very extensive and although there weren't many obvious vegetarian choices the waiter pointed out that any pasta dish could be modified for vegetarians. The food was excellent and the white wine we had was excellent and not too pricy. Highly recommend this restaurant. We also ate at another Italian restaurant nearby on another evening called Zeffirelli and it was just as good.