“Very Disappointing”
Review of Tojo's Restaurant

Tojo's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tojo's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #400 of 3,915 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed 12 September 2017

My husband and I love sushi and after seeing several food shows raving about Chef Tojo, we couldn't wait to eat there. However, we were very disappointed. The sushi was ok, very overpriced, and service was not accommodating or friendly. We actually left still hungry and went to another restaurant to eat afterward. After speaking to several locals and a few restaurant owners in the area, they said this was commonly known in Vancouver. We wish we would have asked people who lived there before we dined at Tojo's and saved ourselves the disappointment and money.

1  Thank tocar3

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Came to Tojo's from a friend's recommendation and it was phenomenal. I sat at the bar and had Alex as a server. What a great guy! He was very friendly and offered suggestions to try. I ended up trying their specialty Golden Roll which features all local fish except crab from Japan and it was phenomenal. Then since Tojo is the originator of the California roll, I tried a Tojo roll and it was the best Cali roll I've ever had. Amazing! I'd highly recommend going to Tojo's and will visit again next time I'm in Vancouver!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Hard to know where to begin with Tojo's. The food is over the top and the creativity out of sight. We had three to four people waiting on us with never an empty plate sitting more than 30 seconds. Wait staff very helpful but the food...over the top.
We selected the Omakase on the menu, five courses, all food for each course selected by the Chefs. Stunning and plenty of pleasant surprises that we were unaware of. Just so well done, presented, with combinations that were a huge surprise.
We would come back on a moment's notice except that we don't live here...and the prices are a bit high. But the value, creativity, service make Tojo's well worth the price. If you love Japanese food, value creativity and service, this is the place for you.

1  Thank ralphwilhelm1
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I've been visiting Van and coming to Tojo's for over a decade. This time around it still retained the ambiance of past and the great service, but food didn't seem up to par with the price. Agadashi tofu was just flavorless,although beautiful to look at. Chefs sushi found a couple of pieces downright tough and not really anything I couldn't find at a 3 star place or lesser notoriety. Although again, beautifully plated. On the fence. Good but for the price.....?

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

The food at tojo was incredible but what made it even more special was the excellent service. I forgot my hat at Tojo and 20 minutes later my hat had been delivered to the hotel I was staying at.