“Stunning food, creative menu, excellent service”
Review of Tojo's Restaurant

Tojo's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tojo's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #240 of 4,138 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Hard to know where to begin with Tojo's. The food is over the top and the creativity out of sight. We had three to four people waiting on us with never an empty plate sitting more than 30 seconds. Wait staff very helpful but the food...over the top.
We selected the Omakase on the menu, five courses, all food for each course selected by the Chefs. Stunning and plenty of pleasant surprises that we were unaware of. Just so well done, presented, with combinations that were a huge surprise.
We would come back on a moment's notice except that we don't live here...and the prices are a bit high. But the value, creativity, service make Tojo's well worth the price. If you love Japanese food, value creativity and service, this is the place for you.

1  Thank Smitty09876

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I've been visiting Van and coming to Tojo's for over a decade. This time around it still retained the ambiance of past and the great service, but food didn't seem up to par with the price. Agadashi tofu was just flavorless,although beautiful to look at. Chefs sushi found a couple of pieces downright tough and not really anything I couldn't find at a 3 star place or lesser notoriety. Although again, beautifully plated. On the fence. Good but for the price.....?

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

The food at tojo was incredible but what made it even more special was the excellent service. I forgot my hat at Tojo and 20 minutes later my hat had been delivered to the hotel I was staying at.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Tojo was recommended to us bybs friend who had visited a few years ago and we weren't disappointed. There were 8 of us all from Australia. We shared all the dishes and it was the best quality Japanese, quite expensive but we drank very good wine as well. Owner chef Tojo is very visible and loves a chat. I would highly recommend Tojos.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Tojo's is located on a somewhat unfashionable business boulevard but once you cross the threshold and take a seat you know you have been transformed into a state of relaxation and pleasure. This is an elegant restaurant with attentive service, and how they want to please you! On advice I ordered the omakase, which is sort of Japanese for: whatever pleases the chef to prepare that day. I got a mix of fabulous sushi, as tender as I have ever tasted, including the geoduck and scallops. Snapper came cooked and as sashimi. After 5 courses and a special sake brewed from waters of Niigata, I was ready for a wonderful dessert. The final course was a group of sushi, including a special one created by Chef Tojo. The whole experience was accentuated by wonderful service by at least three waiters. This won't be inexpensive but you will long remember this lovely Japanese experience. On balance it is the best in a city not bereft of wonderful sushi and sashimi meals.