“Boring”

Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Snooty Server and boring food.
Food probably interesting 20 Years ago but hasn't changed with the times.
Look elsewhere, you will be glad you did.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Unfortunately, we were unable to step foot in this restaurant, due to the fact that they refused to accept their own gift certificate. I realized that it had expired 4 days prior. Upon emailing them for a slight extension, they thought it would be in their best interest to refuse to honour it. Well done, Le Croc!

4  Thank H1538AFcathyj
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

We have enjoyed Le Crocodile for prior visits to Vancouver, and were eager to return. It is as excellent as ever. Full classic French menu with excellent selections of local seafood as well. Nice small tucked away bar that seats only about 6 people; nice bartender. Excellent steak tartare, escargot, and veal medallions with morels, creme caramel, etc. Top chef in a top place. Completely full on a Friday night. Reserve ahead.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

No doubt a great selection of French food and the waiter explanation of the specials made me almost not bother opening the menu . Very indulgent and rich , we had the creme brûlée foie gras to start the meal and that sort of sums up the type of food .
Decor very traditional and not what I call trendy .

Reviewed 31 January 2018

We arrived in a cab on a wet evening and our first experience on arrival, was someone quickly getting to the cab with an umbrella so that my wife did not get wet while moving into the restaurant - a nice touch.

Staff were extremely friendly and professional. We had a French gentleman for our waiter and really liked his personality, good sense of humour and professionalism.
The menu looked divine and the food we had was just beautiful.
My wife had a crab cake appetiser while I had a dish with scallops and tempura lobster, what a great start!
For mains we both had the steak special which was nice but in hindsight, one of us should have had something different as there were many terrific looking main dishes.
Desserts were divine, Grand Marnier souffle and an apple tart tar-tan.

One unbelievable touch was when I realised I had left my reading glasses in the hotel and couldn't read the menu, I was heading for the IGA store next door when the staff asked if they could help me and told me to go back to our table. Someone arrived a minute later with a tray containing many pairs of reading glasses with different focusing options. I was not the first customer who couldn't read a menu!!

Great restaurant and worthy of its high Tripadvisor ranking. If you like fine dining, you won't be disappointed here!