“Competent but forgettable”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 18 October 2014

A functional Italian in central downtown Vancouver but nothing memorable to record about the food, service or atmosphere. Suggest look elsewhere for an experience.

Reviewed 6 October 2014

We visit this restaurant relatively often. The location is nice and for those that visit the Queen Elizabeth Theater unbeatable. We find the service excellent and the food very good to excellent. I like the fact that the wine list does not stick to Italian only (though I ordered again Italian wine!).
Our servers are always nice but I want to give a special node to Emmiliano (hope I spell it right) who is very attentive, professional and at the same time very friendly.
Will visit again.

Reviewed 5 October 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 5:30 PM, well ahead of our show at the theatre which was scheduled for 7:30 PM. While I received my appetizer right away, my partner, who hadn't anticipated the long wait, had an anguishing 45 minutes to go before getting his main meal. This was a little unexpected as they had a set theatre night menu and allowed for no substitutions- we assumed that service would be quick. My drink (a canned lemonade) also took a while before being served to the table and meanwhile, we were given a basket with two pieces of bread. My appetizer was a caprese salad which consisted of four slices of tomato and four slices of baby mozzarella with a drizzle of balsamic. Granted that the dish itself is supposed to be simple, there was no effort involved in preparing it. For our mains, I ordered the pasta alla genovese and my partner ordered the spaghetti bolognese. They were both extremely basic. I enjoyed mine but my partner's bolognese only had trace amounts of meat in it. Overall, I wish I had taken some of the other pre-theatre options into consideration and took the time to search for reviews before making a decision.

1  Thank Jamronesque
Reviewed 8 September 2014

Great spot for a good meal with good value for downtown Vancouver. Excellent Antipasta and Pastas. Not too fancy but with very friendly and helpful servers.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

We went here because it is conveniently located to the Queen Elizabeth Centre. We ordered prawns & Caesar salad as Appetizers the prawns were like little bullets but we had a half a karate of wine & just ate our apple. When we received our main entree my husband's chicken was cold & my halibut was so over cooked it was stringy. I advised our waiter that I would like to send it back. The chef came & kicked us out of the restaurant. I was so shocked and have never been treated like this anywhere. I was not rude. This place is suspect for this type of disrespectful behaviour.

1  Thank Adam R