“Excellent Italian Food and Service”
Review of Da Gino Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED

Da Gino Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 8 September 2014

Great spot for a good meal with good value for downtown Vancouver. Excellent Antipasta and Pastas. Not too fancy but with very friendly and helpful servers.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

We went here because it is conveniently located to the Queen Elizabeth Centre. We ordered prawns & Caesar salad as Appetizers the prawns were like little bullets but we had a half a karate of wine & just ate our apple. When we received our main entree my husband's chicken was cold & my halibut was so over cooked it was stringy. I advised our waiter that I would like to send it back. The chef came & kicked us out of the restaurant. I was so shocked and have never been treated like this anywhere. I was not rude. This place is suspect for this type of disrespectful behaviour.

1  Thank Adam R
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I dropped in for a quick lunch of Fettuccini Elegante - with imported wild porcini mushrooms in a creamy tomato sauce. The service was speedy and the taste was authentically Italian.

Unfortunately, the restaurant was not busy. Perhaps because it was a Monday. It should be packed for lunch. Reasonable prices, excellent quality, great service. I will be back soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

My husband just took me here for our 5 year anniversary and we had such a great time. The service was spectacular and the food was delicious!!! Top notch! We went to Italy last year, and this was by far the best Italian food since then. We will definitely be going back. So much on the menu I wanted to try everything. One of the best Caesar salad dressings I've had. Prices were reasonable and the wine selection was as well. And, they are in the entertainment book so it was a great deal!!!!! It is family runned so it made it feel that much more authentic.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We had tickets to a play and wanted to eat close to the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. Italian was what we were looking for and found it, and then some, at Da Gino. It seemed a bit 'cold' when we looked through the windows but inside it was anything but; very friendly, quick service and fresh, HOT, bread right from the oven when we were seated. The menu had many of the usual pastas but quite a few different choices were offered as well. The salads were fresh and generous.Theatre goers were on Da Gino's mind when they added a specific entree for those on a time sensitive schedule. Da Gino's wine cellar is interesting and worthy of attention.

From now on, this will be our go-to restaurant anytime we are off to the theatah....