“Above and beyond service, yummy food, great place!”
Review of Spencer's Lounge

Spencer's Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #538 of 3,914 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighbourhood: Gastown
Description: Spencer's Resto Lounge, on the lobby level of the Delta Vancouver Suites, serves up casual flavours with a taste of the Pacific Northwest. Located on the edge of Gastown, Spencer's is the perfect gathering spot to enjoy a pre-event drink or sharing plates. After your event, return to sample our cocktail menu and Okanagan focused wine list.
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a nice place with a good menu, good prices, and a cheese plate option to celebrate my birthday found this place. I quickly made reservations for 8 people on a Friday night, 7pm. A friend bought a birthday cake for me and was going to bring it. I called the restaurant to ask if we could bring our own cake for dinner. They said it was fine, which I was really thankful for!

We found the place and it was a lot smaller than expected. It was definitely a smaller lounge, neat contemporary decor, which I really like. They reserved a table in the centre for us. It was a bit busy and we weren't all there yet, but it wasn't a problem. The service was really friendly. As a few of us waited for the rest of the group, and when we were all there, they gave us plenty of time to ourselves to chat.

I'm not much of a drinker, so I ordered a non-alcoholic beverage, a ginger pomegranate sparkler for $4. I also ordered their Artisan Cheese and Meat board for $21 and a 9 oz glass of Chardonnay with it. Two of my friends ordered salmon fish and chips for $18. The rest ordered a pork main dish for less than $30 and an ahi tuna.

Because the server knew it was my birthday, they gave me double portions for my cheese and meat plate, which was such a considerate, wonderful surprise for me! It came with a variety of dried fruits, thick bacon and meats, cheese pieces, mustard, and crostini. My nonalcoholic drink was really refreshing and not too sweet. The wine was nice too, but a bit expensive at $14. Everyone really enjoyed their food. It was really fresh and tasty.

The meat was ok for me. Although I was really appreciate the extra serving, it was an ok cheese board for me, as I have had better. But, if you like a more savoury and drier cheese and meat plate, this will hit the spot. I like a mix of sweet and savoury with a sweet spread, which this one lacked. I got a chance to try some of my friend’s pork dish and it was so delicious! I wish I had ordered that instead. I had been tempted seeing it on the menu, but it would have been too much to order that and the cheese plate. The pork was really moist and tender, cooked really well, and the portion was huge!

When it was time, they brought out the cake and put a candle on it. They started the birthday song for me too, which was really nice! This was a great experience coming to this restaurant.

Overall, I definitely recommend this place for celebrating and dinner. The decor was beautiful. The service was great! They went above and beyond for me and my friends. The food was mostly delicious and fresh. The drinks are a bit expensive, but normal for a slightly higher end restaurant lounge. I would certainly go back and order the nonalcoholic sparkler and pork main dish! Great experience overall!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Relaxing place for a drink and appetizers. The staff were especially helpful and courteous. We visited the lounge several times while staying at the hotel.

Tamara Q, Manager at Spencer's Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Evelyn S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience in Spencer's! I will pass your comments on to the team. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Went to the lobby bar for snacks during the afternoon, party of 2. Had Yum Yum Wings and Cobb Salad with chicken. Extremely well presented and very, very tasty. Add a super service from a sweet waitress and you have a great experience. Very recommendable.

Dear Jen S,

Thank you for your feedback. I love the Yum Yum wings too! I will be sure to pass your kind feedback onto Cassandra.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

This is the restaurant of the excellent Delta Suites hotel. We had dinner here three evenings of our five night stay as it was as good as the restaurants around and very convenient. I can particularly recommend the Pork Medallions and the Salmon and chips was good too. I disagree about the asparagus though: the salami (Calabrian?) was extremely sicy and the batter was thick.
Happy hour is from 3-6 when you can have a glass of v. good Peller Estates Sauvignon Blanc or Merlot for $6

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We really enjoyed Spencer's Lounge! Unique appetizers such as Salami wrapped asparagus - honestly it was so good!! Or deep fried Brussel sprouts - only if you like Brussel sprouts lol - they delicious. Nice atmosphere to relax in. Great staff!

Tamara Q, Manager at Spencer's Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear Roxann H,

Thank you for providing great feedback about your experience in Spencer's! The salami asparagus are showcased on our Test Kitchen menu where we are trying out new menu items for our restaurant transformation when we renovate this year.

I hope you can visit us again.