“Average”
Review of Spencer's Lounge

Spencer's Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #528 of 3,915 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighbourhood: Gastown
Description: Spencer's Resto Lounge, on the lobby level of the Delta Vancouver Suites, serves up casual flavours with a taste of the Pacific Northwest. Located on the edge of Gastown, Spencer's is the perfect gathering spot to enjoy a pre-event drink or sharing plates. After your event, return to sample our cocktail menu and Okanagan focused wine list.
Reviewed 6 November 2016

I had the salmon and chips. The concept was interesting but there was little salmon with all the batter and it was a little greasy.

TamaraLQuinn, Manager at Spencer's Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear Sonja709,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback from your Spencer's experience. I was terribly sorry to hear that the Salmon Fish & Chips were not to your liking. Chef and I will certainly look into this. This dish is generally one of our most popular ones with a strong following of regulars.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for happy hour or to try a dish from our Test Kitchen menu. Please contact me directly I would love to have you back to turn your average experience into an outstanding one!

Tamara
tamara.Quinn@deltahotels.com

Reviewed 28 October 2016

When I’m visiting a city I prefer to eat someplace other than a hotel for variety and, generally, quality, But at the end of a long day of sightseeing in Vancouver we decided to give Spencer’s in the Delta Suites a try and it delivered in all respects.

All of our dishes were delicious, light, and flavorful. From our fish taco and field greens with pomegranate vinaigrette starters through our chicken linguini with pesto and roasted salmon with sobe with teriyaki sauce and Bok Choy mains to our dessert of cardamom crème brûlée with biscotti and berries. All enjoyable and all good.

Add to this a very good house red wine and an excellent and informative server and you’ve got a great hotel meal. In fact, it would have been a very good meal anyplace.

Dear Hawk470,

Thank you for sending through such a wonderful review and for dining with us. I have shared your feedback with the Spencer's and culinary team and they are really pleased.

I hope we can welcome you back on your next visit to Vancouver, perhaps for Happy Hour or to try our Test Kitchen menu - we are testing out some new dishes as we plan for a renovation in 2017.

Tamara Quinn

Reviewed 20 July 2016

I didn't think much- it was kind of dark inside- but we took our food to the deck on the floor of the hotel we were staying at and had a lovely al fresco meal. We ordered the ravioli- was yummy. But the BEST was the salmon fish & chips. I'm drooling about it right now... was tender, perfectly cooked, and not at all greasy like fish & chips can sometimes be.

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Nicole and Nowell were excellent! However, Nicole claimed she did not know the usd/cad exchange rate. (Soory) Whatever. The drinks were great and so was the conversation.

TamaraLQuinn, Manager at Spencer's Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Dear TheHumanVern,

Thank you for visiting us at Spencer's and taking the time to share on Trip Advisor! I will pass your comments on to Nowell and Nicole. I hope you can come back soon. Perhaps for Happy Hour!

Tamara

Reviewed 28 May 2016

very tasty food, fast service and the best staff you could ask for, they are conveintly located in the lobby of the delta hotel.