All reviewsirish pubentertainment districtgranville streetgreat locationjacuzzi tubfirst floorhomeless peoplewithin walking distancefree breakfasttim hortonsstreet noiselight sleeperwould stay here againfront desk staffthe hotel is cleantwo double bedsstayed here for one night
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Wish I could give it another star as the staff is friendly, the rooms and lobby clean and neat, a fine location if you know your way around Vancouver. The Irish pub that occupies the first floor toward Granville Street is a hoot especially if you don't really need to hear your companions during a busy evening. A nearby table of intoxicated gentlemen was brought another round of drinks which my daughter, a one-time bartender, told me were Irish Car Bombs. None for me, thanks. It was interesting to see how this raucous venue became a sedate breakfast buffet the following morning. The fare was varied and functional, coffee being especially good. The televisions usually were tuned to a semi-interesting program and the newspaper outside the hotel room made it a fine informational morning.
Now to the hotel..... my room was compact. A queen bed with about 12" around three sides, a very narrow desk with a thin desk chair, a bathroom that was so tightly configured that a notch had been planed off the door edge so when it was open it would clear the sink. The television was nice but since the room was so small, it was mounted high on the wall opposite the bed. As I was traveling solo, the room was totally functional but I kept wondering how two people would have maneuvered. The floor plan on the back of the door showed many different shapes of rooms on this 5th level, so most appeared to be quite a bit larger than mine. Bed was excellent.
There is free internet..... But if you're on the 5th level (actually the 6th floor), you pretty much need a laptop and use the supplied Cat-5 cable to plug into the wall port. My iPad rarely could connect with the wi-fi signal although it was fine in the lobby or the pub.
The elevator was the other adventure. On a good day, the door opened about a third of the way and you could push it wider. On two of my seven-day stay it was out of order, requiring a hike up and down six flights of stairs. I didn't mind and saw no complainers among other guests. Otherwise, it was fine--seemed big enough to serve the hotel and there never was an overly long wait.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
6046054333, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Thank you for your review! I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I remember that our elevators had some issues in December, we have since fixed the elevators and they are in great working order. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Vancouver!

Chris
Guest Services
Comfort Inn Downtown

Reviewed 2 January 2013

This is a clean hotel with spacious rooms and comfortable beds. We had free parking and a complimentary hot breakfast at the neighbouring pub. It is located off Granville Street in Vancouver's downtown and as we parked an intoxicated man was berating the policemen who were arresting him. Vancouver's downtown has many troubled people and I occasionally checked to see if my car was broken in to. Our room was next to the elevator shaft and stairs and on December 23rd the elevator was broken. From about 5:00 am onwards we were treated to the sounds of people banging their suitcases down the stairs. We told the front desk but they were overwhelmed with complaints from people trying to take their luggage down from the top floors, so our complaint was treated with indifference. I would recommend this hotel if you have the option to stay away from the elevator. Also, I would not want to park overnight at this location again.

Room Tip: Go away from elevator!
1  Thank chetsuabo
Reviewed 1 January 2013

This affordable little gem in the heart of Vancouver has what you need. Our room was clean and quiet. A buffet breakfast was included as was WiFi. The staff are helpful and friendly. Parking is in an open adjacent lot, but there were no problems during our stay. We would recommend this hotel for a short stay.

Room Tip: This hotel only has 6 floors, so upper rooms are probably quieter.
3  Thank Victoria_BCTravelbug
Reviewed 22 December 2012

The Comfort Inn went out of their way to meet changing travel plans. Rather than the single queen we had booked, we needed two beds and we were upgraded to a suite for the same price. We had a king bed, sleeper sofa, fireplace, robes, breakfast and free parking at a bargain rate. All personnel were courteous and helpful. It was within easy walking distance of sites. Felt we were in a 5-star hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank GinnyE231
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I got a pretty good deal off their website that included parking and gift cards to the pub next door (Doolin's). It's a Comfort Inn though. The rooms were tiny and not super clean. The elevator was also pretty loud and we could hear it while we slept. The bar next door was convenient. The location was also nice. Oh, and the heater did not turn off! We tried to turn on the AC because the room was so hot and stuffy, but the temperature would not go below 75!

Room Tip: The rooms with the queen size beds are very tiny.
2  Thank PLJ10