“Unbelievable Italian Food”

Portobello Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Portobello Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #460 of 4,097 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$15 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Shaughnessy
Cross street: Granville
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Tried to find a great Italian restaurant in Vancouver and some friends we were traveling with recommended this little gem!!! The spaghetti bolognese was amazing, and the meatball appetizer....heavenly!!
Joseph, our server, was so pleasant and did a great job in helping us to have a special evening!!

1  Thank Michelle W

Reviewed 12 June 2017

My husband booked my birthday dinner here before going onto the Stanley Theatre. Small restaurant, you would miss it on Broadway if you blinked. We were pleasantly surprised as the service and food were both very good. I had one of their specials for $35 which included soup or salad, main course and dessert and really enjoyed what I chose. My husband also enjoyed his dinner. Menu has a good selection and wine menu has some good choices. Very small and tables are crowded together but we enjoyed our dinner. Saw lots of people picking up meals to take out.

1  Thank Sunworshiper54
Reviewed 4 June 2017

This Mom and Pop restaurant is one of the best kept secrets in Vancouver. The prices are medium and the quality of food, presentation, and service are outstanding. The ambience is relaxed and pleasant. A special treat is that Mom (Rosa) makes all the desserts and they are delightful.

1  Thank Dorothy M
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

As a visitor with so many choices for Italian food in Vancouver, it was difficult to decide where to eat dinner on our last night in town. I am so, so glad we chose Portobello Restaurant! Everything was fabulous! We had the stuffed portobello as an appetizer, Caesar salad, ravioli, gnocchi, mussels, and fettuccine, as well as red and white wines, and lemon pudding cake for dessert. Everything was absolutely delicious. The staff was very polite & gracious, especially since we requested special orders (prawns added to our gnocchi and the chicken fettuccine), and we ended up staying until well after closing time. Service was spot on, as our water and wine glasses never got empty. If you are looking for good Italian food, I definitely recommend Portobello. Buon Appetito!

1  Thank kamarsh1
Reviewed 16 May 2017

This has to be my favourite restaurant in Vancouver. [BC] My wife and I and my son have gone there many times over the years. The food [Italian] is to die for. The Linguini Vongole. is marvelous . Also recommend the Veal Saltimbocca. Rossa, one of the owners makes the most incredible homemade desserts. Service is great, feels like home.
Highly recommend for business or a family night out.