“First time; loved it!”

Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Davie Village
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Never had Malaysian food before, and was worried about it being too spicy. No need to worry, though. Our server, Jayme, said they could make anything more or less spicy (the beauty of having a real cook in the kitchen). We opted for things NOT tagged as "hot" on the menu: Spring Rolls (awesome), Pork Side Ribs (excellent), Braised Lamb Shank (my wife loved it) and Jasmine and Hainanese rice on the side. My wife had what they call "Mango/Peach Sangria", which is more like a frozen Daquari or something, but very tasty (she loved it, and she's NOT a drinker). And their house "Banana Leaf Red", a mix of about everything red, was pretty good, too. We were there late afternoon (3:30 PM) and our server was the only one on duty. Naturally, we arrived within minutes of 2 other couples, so he was running the whole time. Service was still decently OK, and he was very helpful to us first-timers despite being momentarily "swamped". If this weren't our last night eating dinner in Vancouver, we would almost certainly be back.

1  Thank Harvey39_47

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Our experience at Banana Leaf was extremely positive- the service was exemplary, the food was delicious and the prices were very reasonable- I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I ate at banana leaf for dinner and my family and I ordered pineapple rice, chicken skewers and more! Our food came quickly and we tucked in!! The waiters and waitresses were cheerful. You must go here as it's the best!!

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Being Asian myself I went in thinking it would be kind of like a Chinese restaurant but it so wasn't. Probably the best pineapple fried rice I've ever had. Chicken was also a favourite. However we over ordered not knowing how big the portions were so don't make the same mistake! Very nice food with speedy service.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

We really enjoyed this place on our short stay in Vancouver. We were travelling with my parents who arrived earlier than we did, and they had already scouted this restaurant for lunch, then we came again for dinner. It's on the pricey side, but well worth it. My Hainan chicken was outstanding!

1  Thank Pellis08