“Convenient leafy venue w fine food”

Prestons Restaurant + Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Prestons Restaurant + Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #229 of 4,153 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bute
Transit: 5 minute walk from the Burrard Skytrain station.
Description: Prestons Restaurant + Lounge is the ideal location for lunch, after-work drinks, dinner with family and friends, or brunch on the patio. At this Vancouver Coal Harbour restaurant we use local and seasonal ingredients to create a menu that is innovative and refreshing. Our goal is to bring you food from the farm to your table using fresh and locally grown ingredients in all of our recipes. What we don't make in-house is sourced from local artisans to bring you the quality and flavour of the West Coast. Unwind . Refresh . Nourish
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Best hotel dining we’ve enjoyed in awhile! Lovely quiet terrace seating option. Good casual menu with something for everyone. Friendly service & decent prices.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

While holidaying in Vancouver we went back to this restaurant 3 times we loved it so much. Every time it was delicious. The first night we ate from the cheaper bar menu and had the burger which was amazing!! The other 2 times we ate from the more expensive menu which was great value for money, we could not fault the quality of the food and service(special mention must go to Tim for his excellent service). Oh and the desserts are amazing too!

Date of visit: July 2018
Jan N, Manager at Prestons Restaurant + Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Thank you for the kind words! We will definitely make sure that Tim hears of this.

Best regards

Reviewed 21 July 2018

We stayed in Coast Coal Harbour hotel and visited Prestons a few times. Staff very friendly and professional. Bar and restaurant spotless. Good selection of food and drinks all reasonably priced. Food was delicious and plenty of it. We had the pleasure of bumping into Paddy who offered great advice on things to see and do plus how best to get around.
Overall a great bar, comfortable, clean and friendly. Would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Being in Vancouver I wanted to try the salmon. Arrived within a few minutes and was completely raw (no I didn't order sushi). My server finally came over to see how I was and I said my salmon is raw, she stood there for a minute and then finally said, I'll let the kitchen know and took it back. Then I waited almost 20 minutes for them to bring it out again, this time the edges were cooked but the middle was raw and cool to the touch. Server came by when I was about halfway through and I mentioned that it was still raw in the middle but I was so hungry at that point I was eating around the edges. She didn't offer to take it back, get me something else, or anything. A manager (I think he was anyway) popped by just to check how my meal was and I again said it was raw in the middle and he just wandered off. I ate all the beans, they were cooked and delicious lol. I then waited 26 minutes after I had clearly pushed my plate away before I flagged down another server to ask for my bill. Finally got the bill and had to walk up to my server to get a copy as she never came back to my table. No discount, no apology, nothing. Did not return during my next 3 days, went elsewhere to eat with better food, prices and service. Saving grace was Sharon at hotel front desk who apologized for everything and took the meal off my bill at the end of my stay. Kudos to her.

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for bringing your dining experience to our attention. As written on our menu and explained by your server, our salmon dish is prepared sous-vide so it does give some people the impression of being raw. We do this to make the fish delicate and juicy. We do apologize for any miscommunication and for the delayed service however, but are glad the Front Desk team was able to assist you with this issue. We hope to see you again soon for a chance to provide you with excellent customer service.

Best regards

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

There seems to be a lack of coordination between the kitchen and the buffet staff as things were often running out. Fruit not great but potatoes so good you could make a meal of them alone. Adequate breads, no Gluten Free. Generally ok but not special and 10 dollars more than an equally nice buffet at my hotel.