New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Smile Thai Wellness Spa

Smile Thai Wellness Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Visiting Vancouver? Vacation, weekend break, visiting family or working holiday? Feeling tired or achy from a long flight or a long walk in the park or the seawall? We provide for you the Traditional Thai Massage, Relaxing Thai Aroma Oil Massage and Therapeutic Deep Tissue Massage, Thai Herbal Spa Treatments, Registered Massage Therapy (RMT) as well as Traditional Chinese Acupuncture. These are the alternative healing therapies that designed to restore your body and mind to full health, performed by our team of professional holistic therapists in Vancouver. Smile Thai Wellness Spa Vancouver is also the place for Couples Massage in Vancouver. Located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver, close to the Westend & Yaletown and all major hotels in Vancouver, where you can relax and unwind in this oasis of serenity, friendly and warm atmosphere created by our therapists and surroundings. If you wish to improve your holistic health, manage your wellness lifestyle or try one of the best massages in Vancouver, book your appointment today.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Vancouver, BC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An oasis in the heart of downtown Vancouver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I live in Vancouver; funny, I never check with Tripadvisor about Vancouver! I discovered it while googling, the space is not commercially advertised (for a reason), which lends to quiet ' an instant transport to a peaceful spiritual place. Skilled Thai massage practitioner with priestly demeanour and kind/gracious energy worked on me. I can do this more often and I highly recommend this place for locals and visitors alike.

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nothing compares to Thai massage practiced with such genuine heart and skill.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

It is reassuring to see that integrity is still appreciated in this crazy world. Austin deserves every accolade directed his way. I have experienced many different types of massage but nothing compares to Thai massage practiced with such genuine heart and skill. An hour or two in his care rejuvenates body and soul. Vancouver is fortunate to have him so prominent on the map.

Denver, Colorado
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great Thai Massage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

I enjoyed my Thai massage at the Smile Thai Wellness Spa. Although I can't say a Thai massage is relaxing (I wasn't sure what to expect), it was a great experience. After a lot of pulling, pushing and prodding, my therapist YOD had most of my kinks worked out. She also gave me some great tips about how to stretch out my neck and back to avoid tension build-up. I've been using them for a week and they have been really useful. I even topped off the evening with Pad Thai at a restaurant they recommended just out the back of the hotel and really enjoyed my "Thai evening" in Vancouver. Highly recommended for a break from business.

San Francisco, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“I want to go there every day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

It was such a wonderful experience to go to this Thai spa on vacation - it made for the most relaxing day ever! The people who worked there were extremely nice and the service was great. My boyfriend and I did 3.5 hours of foot reflexology, East Meets West massage, and facial/scalp massage, and all were amazing. They were able to accommodate us for a couple's massage for the foot and facial parts, and we went in separate rooms for the 90-minute body massages, which were a nice combo of standard massaging techniques and Thai stretches. At the end, they had fresh mango and hot tea waiting for us. We decided to continue our relaxing Thai day with take-out from a great place just a block away called Khai. While this place is not as cheap as some I've been to in San Francisco, I'd still definitely recommend trying out this place if you're looking for a relaxing break on your trip to Vancouver.

Visited December 2011
Palm Desert, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Smile Thai will make your stress and tension disappear”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

My girlfriend and I wished we lived in Vancouver so we could make this a monthly outing. The massage therapists Austin and Yod made this experience the best massage we both ever had. After 90 minutes we felt so refreshed and relaxed. We never had Thai massages before but definitely recommend them to relieve any kind of muscle pain. The massage room is perfectly decorated. We couldn't recommend this place any more highly.