1,290 results
All reviews canada place great location cruise terminal hardwood floors vancouver downtown waterfront station pre cruise stay convention center an older hotel budget hotel walking distance mini fridge short stay few blocks one night stay canada line water front
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

The room were very old .. felt dirty too. Heater and a/c didn't work well. Everything was very squeaky especially the bed. There was no privacy. The stay was very uncomfortable. Spend a bit more money and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Dave S, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, though we agree with the statement that our rooms need to be updated, we are quite often complimented on the cleanliness of our rooms despite their age. Again, I am sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable and we hope that you will continue to use Days Inn for your accommodation needs in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

There is no parking at the Hotel itself, but is offered at a garage two blocks away. I bought through the hotel one day parking good until 6 pm, but I needed to buy an additional two hours due to a reception I would be at. There was no way to do that through the hotel, and then I found that there was no way to do it at the parking garage either, as they told me I would have to drive my car out of the garage and drive back in to get a new ticket. I couldn't do that do to timing. I was told that my prepurchased day of parking would expire at 6 pm and I would not be able to leave the garage or pay for the additional time at the time of departure. After talking to the garage and hotel staff for what seemed like a silly amount of time, I gave up and simply bought a second day of parking through the hotel for $25. As it turned out, when I left the garage at 6:45, the attendant told me my first day prepaid was still good and "I could keep the other ticket for the next day" I of course wans't there the next day. So I paid $25 unnecessarily for 45 minutes of parking. It was all a very frustrating experience.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review segojackson,

I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our parking arrangements, if the hotel managed it's own parking we would have been more than capable of extending your parking until 8pm. Unfortunately, as a 100 year hotel we have limited options in terms of parking, our arrangements with this lot include a 7 hour window post check out in which the parking passes remain valid. It is written into our contract that guests must exit by 6pm, the fact that their parking attendant allowed you to exit after 6pm goes against our agreement with the management company of this lot and I would not expect it to be the precedent. Our staff responded to your request in accordance with our agreement and that is all I can ask them to do, we prepay for parking tickets each month and there is no way for us to offer an extension beyond 6pm ourselves. Once again, I am sorry that you were not pleased with our arrangements, and we hope that you will continue to use Days Inn for your accommodation needs in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Clean and courteous and very conveniently located for all kinds of downtown activities. The hot water never really got hot enough, but we managed. The breakfast room downstairs was good...excellent service and an adequate menu.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you Richard P for taking the time to provide your review, I am happy to hear that your stay was for the most part an enjoyable one. I am sorry to hear there were issues with the hot water in your room,I would be happy to have our Maintenance team look further into this if you would forward me some details of your stay with us.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 October 2017

There is no parking at this hotel. You have to drive 2 blocks to their shared parking facility. I had to park on the street to check in and hope that my car wouldn't get hit. There is only breakfast served, no restaurant. Next door is a sports bar where you can get food to go.
2:30 AM there were people partying outside and it was obvious they were high. This went on for over an hour. Then the garbage truck arrived around 4:00 AM and picked up garbage with the crusher going. Just after that, an alarm started going off. After listening to that for an hour I finally called downstairs to be informed that someone was stuck in the elevator. The staff said they were going to go let the fellow know they were taking care of it. REALLY, you didn't go and soothe him when he first got stuck and started pushing the alarm bell? The reason they get any rating at all is that they didn't charge me for the room when I checked out.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Dave S, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you RebaBritishColumbia for your review,

I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant visit with us at our hotel, parking is offsite and our website and all other websites list it as such, we are always transparent about this fact with our guests both in person and online as you can see from our many reviews regarding parking, as a Century old building (and like all other buildings of this vintage) we cannot change this fact and have negotiated a deal with what we feel is the most secure and convenient parking lot in the neighborhood. All of our guests whom travel with a vehicle park on the street just as you have, the hotel has a passenger zone available for most of the day and getting hit is simply not a worry (the hotel has been operating this way for decades and have never had such an incident). On the weekends for the time being we do offer a complimentary continental breakfast, we do hope to resume full service breakfast again in the near future. As for the noise, we are a downtown hotel, we cannot control what occurs outside of the walls of the hotel, our waste removal company does not pick up at 4 am though I will look into this with them and ensure that they do not schedule early pick ups. As for the elevator issue, it was an unfortunate incident, I had attended the hotel with in 35 minutes of being notified that morning and by the time I arrived the elevator technician was on site, from my understanding the guest had been talked to and was told that the call was placed and assistance was on the way, however they continued to press the alarm button in fear. We were able to get the guest out as quick as possible unharmed and we did our best in attending to the guest whom was entrapped, I am sorry that this incident effected you as well. Once again thank you for your review and we hope that you will continue to use Days Inn for your accommodation needs in the future.