“Location is the best part ”

Ranked #67 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Arrived and it took several hours to get the heat to a comfortable temp. Woke every few hours when people got ice or sodas from machines right outside our door. Breakfast basic continental. Bed comfortable. Room temperature better in the evening when the hotel turned on the building heat. Water Luke warm at 6am. Staff nice. Best location located a few blocks from Gastown and Canada Place so we would stay here again because of this and reasonable price.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Dave S, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you Linda D for your review of our hotel, I am sorry to hear that there were some issues with your stay. Unfortunately the hotel unlike newer buildings does not have enclosed areas for vending and ice machines, we can always take a request on your next stay to be off these floors. As for the room temperature, again we do apologize our old building was built originally with radiant heating, over time the radiators were removed and PTAC's were installed to handle cooling and heating, these systems are certainly aged and inefficient, we do have plans to replace all PTAC units with our pending renovations which will improve their efficiency. For future bookings please feel free to reach out to us using our toll free number the morning of your arrival and we can assign a room for you in a quiet location and turn the heat on in advance of your stay. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Days Inn Vancouver Downtown

Write a ReviewReviews (1,207)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

The room were very old .. felt dirty too. Heater and a/c didn't work well. Everything was very squeaky especially the bed. There was no privacy. The stay was very uncomfortable. Spend a bit more money and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, though we agree with the statement that our rooms need to be updated, we are quite often complimented on the cleanliness of our rooms despite their age. Again, I am sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable and we hope that you will continue to use Days Inn for your accommodation needs in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

There is no parking at the Hotel itself, but is offered at a garage two blocks away. I bought through the hotel one day parking good until 6 pm, but I needed to buy an additional two hours due to a reception I would be at. There was no way to do that through the hotel, and then I found that there was no way to do it at the parking garage either, as they told me I would have to drive my car out of the garage and drive back in to get a new ticket. I couldn't do that do to timing. I was told that my prepurchased day of parking would expire at 6 pm and I would not be able to leave the garage or pay for the additional time at the time of departure. After talking to the garage and hotel staff for what seemed like a silly amount of time, I gave up and simply bought a second day of parking through the hotel for $25. As it turned out, when I left the garage at 6:45, the attendant told me my first day prepaid was still good and "I could keep the other ticket for the next day" I of course wans't there the next day. So I paid $25 unnecessarily for 45 minutes of parking. It was all a very frustrating experience.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review segojackson,

I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our parking arrangements, if the hotel managed it's own parking we would have been more than capable of extending your parking until 8pm. Unfortunately, as a 100 year hotel we have limited options in terms of parking, our arrangements with this lot include a 7 hour window post check out in which the parking passes remain valid. It is written into our contract that guests must exit by 6pm, the fact that their parking attendant allowed you to exit after 6pm goes against our agreement with the management company of this lot and I would not expect it to be the precedent. Our staff responded to your request in accordance with our agreement and that is all I can ask them to do, we prepay for parking tickets each month and there is no way for us to offer an extension beyond 6pm ourselves. Once again, I am sorry that you were not pleased with our arrangements, and we hope that you will continue to use Days Inn for your accommodation needs in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Clean and courteous and very conveniently located for all kinds of downtown activities. The hot water never really got hot enough, but we managed. The breakfast room downstairs was good...excellent service and an adequate menu.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you Richard P for taking the time to provide your review, I am happy to hear that your stay was for the most part an enjoyable one. I am sorry to hear there were issues with the hot water in your room,I would be happy to have our Maintenance team look further into this if you would forward me some details of your stay with us.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2017