“Nice Older hotel right on Robson”

Empire Landmark Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #70 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This is an older hotel but the location is excellent if you like to be close to the heart of Robson. Tons of dining and shopping within a couple of blocks. (city blocks....not Vegas blocks). When we arrived, our room was ready. They put us on the 30th floor with a great view of the west end and the ocean. The windows were dirty (it's March) so my wife said something about it. Within 5 minutes, a maintenance guy was in the room cleaning the windows. Again, get higher and the view is great. Check in was a breeze, parking was close ($15.00 a day) and the room was clean. Great value. I went to this hotel about 25 years ago to eat at the Cloud 9 restaurant at the top. Hasn't changed much. A little pricey but the changing view (the floor revolves) was neat.

Room Tip: The higher the better. There are only 10 or so rooms per floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,334)

Reviewed 23 February 2012

This hotel was in a wonderful location, however the service was not good, there was a fire alarm in the middle of the night and the hotel offered no discount or apology and the room was not worth the money. The resturaunt was beautiful and had wonderful food, however the service was terrible. It took 45 minutes to get our drinks. Again, great location, poor service, poor facility.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allison M
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is an older hotel, but has great views if you are lucky enough to get a high enough floor.Ask on booking.
I stayed here Feb 14th-16th, have no complaints, its on Robson Street with many small very interesting reastaurants close by, and also on Denman . It is harder to get to from YVR by transit than where I normally stay on Granville, but not a big deal if you are travelling light.
One strange thing, I jumped in the shower(good) only to discover that the bath towels were on a rack within the tub enclosure after I was done. Never seen that! If you want to be close to Stanley Park, etc, you could do worse.

Room Tip: Go High folks
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I would not recommend this hotel. Our room wasn't cleaned and the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night with constant announcements saying it was not real. When I asked if there was free wi-fi in the lobby as I couldn't access it in my room, the receptionist was brisk with me and acted like I wasn't staying there, asking rudely about my room number and if I was staying there. When I asked the receptionist for a late check-out given the poor service we had, she was uninterested and rudely told me we could have an extra hour without any apology for the poor service we received.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2012

i stayed as a solo traveller in Sept 2011
Staff were very helpful, rooms were clean and i had a large twin room on the 13th floor.
Balcony gave fantastic views up Robsona dn could also see both harbours.
great city location and only a 5.10 minute walk to Van city and 10 mins to Stanley park.
Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo