2,059 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungestanley parkcanada placeconvention centerseparate tub and showerhigh floorcorner roomwaterfront stationwithin walking distancevery nice hotelrobson streetexcellent locationcruise portharbour viewwater viewwater frontfront desk staff
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Although the hotel needs a bit of sprucing up, the staff are superb and the location is ideal for access to the downtown core and waterfront (200 meters from Olympic torch). Restaurant menu and service are excellent.

Small issues with the room (broken towel rack, broken toilet flush lever/plunger) were dealt with immediately.

Would recommend as a good option if you aren't looking for opulence.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2017

made our reservation last November for the SeaWheeze 1/2 Marathon The reservation is for 3 adults. We show up at 4:30 for check in and they give us a room with one king size bed, saying it is the only room available. BS could go online and book a room with 2 double beds, Just got a call, suddenly "a family checked out early" and they had a room.
Again I call BS they were holding rooms for parties of 4 and after 6 pm released some.

Room Tip: do not book here, said we were not guaranteed a room for 3 even though that was the confirmed reservation.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank bemerson55
VanMarriottPinnacle, Guest Relations Manager at Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear Bemerson55,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your experience with us.

As we strive towards making our guests experience a positive one I want to assure you that we would never hold a room if it meant sacrificing our guests comfort. I have touched base with my team and I do see record of an early departure that freed up a room with two double beds for you. As they wanted to help in anyway possible they called you to offer the room to you first knowing your frustration and before giving it to any guest that checked in looking for the 2 bedded option.

You are correct that you would have seen the double bed option online still selling. This can be misleading as we sell rooms by room type not bed type and this can not be changed based on what we have available in our inventory. The room type is purchased and then a king bed or the double bed option is assigned at a property level based on needs of the guests when they arrive and what is available. Since the demand over this time for two double beds is in high demand you were unfortunately inconvenienced due to this which I apologize for.

I want to thank you for sharing your experience and should you need anything further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Bekki Ridge
Operations Manager, Rooms

Reviewed 10 August 2017

The Reception desk was extremely helpful when we arrived early! The room was very comfortable and the Concierge service was exceptional. The Location is perfect - very central - within walking distance to "Canada Place" - great place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynette W
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The Marriott Pinnacle Downtown as great service. Front desk personnel very friendly and helpful. It's buzzing with people and a lot of action in the lobby and around the hotel. It's close to Canada Place. Easy walk to shopping. Rooms are comfortable. The bell hops are especially helpful.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I must say after being on a premium cruise line in Alaska for a week I was not expecting to be blown away with the tremendous service and meal I had a the Marriot Pinnacle after completing my cruise!
The staff of the entire hotel was great, but I must say the staff in the restaurant was some of the best I have ever seen. They all had a very positive attitude, like they really enjoyed their jobs and were a part of a winning team.....awesome !
Now about the meal....the seafood chowder was some of the best I have ever had and what I really loved was the unique spin that the culinary team put on this very traditional dish! For my entree the Chiopinni was superb and again very fresh with a tremendous amount of flavor and yet with a simplicity that I really enjoyed. The grilled homemade bread they served with both dishes was the perfect compliment . After all of that the Chef sent out a dessert sampler of which I have never had anything close to anywhere...ever...which will not soon be forgotten.
This food experience will be one that will be in my 10 of all time.....from a place I would have never predicted it to happen... the Marriott Pinnacle lobby restaurant !
I know Marriott has great standards, but this food experience was over the top, even for Marriott.
Congrats Team, and keep making awesome food with some of the best service around!

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor possible. The views from 30th floor overlooking the bay were amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends