New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Tour Guys Vancouver
Ranked #8 of 139 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Tour Guys are a collective of guides - passionate history junkies, pop culture buffs and dynamic storytellers - who have their finger on the pulse of what makes Vancouver tick. As one of the top rated tourist attractions in both Vancouver and Toronto on the world's most popular travel review site the Tour Guys guide hundreds of people per month on walking tours of their cities. Check out the famous FREE TOURS or explore a bit deeper by booking a private tour.
Bainbridge Island WA
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“I wish every city did this...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

I did this upon suggestion from a friend and can wholeheartedly recommend a tour with the Tour Guys. I love the business model of "pay what you think it's worth" in the form of a tip that is neither compulsory nor aggressively pursued. Tour guy "Jessica" led our tour of Chinatown. She is a self described "history nerd" who provided a fun, entertaining and educational tour of this part of the city. Her enthusiasm and love for Vancouver was displayed throughout the entire time we were with her.

I plan to make this a regular part of any weekend visit to Vancouver.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Kat&John

Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“This guy really knows Vancouver ......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I rang up on the off chance that I could get a tour the next afternoon as I the afternoon in Vancouver on route back from Whistler. Steve answered the call himself and rescheduled some other business to take myself and 19 yr old son on a walking tour of the city. It was pouring rain and rather a miserable day - but the three hours that we spend walking the streets of the city and hearing about the official and not so official history was one of the best afternoons that i have spent in a long time ( aside from the powder at Whistler of course!).
Steve did a great job, ensured that we were entertained the whole time and recommended a great place for breakfast the next day - cafe Medina!

Well done Steve, keep up the great work!

Visited February 2012
4 Thank trevor_townsend
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Gastown tour gives great overview on city's history”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

I did the Gastown tour (about 90 minutes) on Saturday, which was led by James. Better than some of the paid walking tours I've done, he provided great local insight, humour, and some excellent dining tips - he is a self-described foodie whose advice I was only too happy to take.

The tour is free, but I think if you're comfortable, this is one of the few occasions I recommend tipping - similar paid walking tours in other cities like Boston I have paid $10+ for, so used this as a guide.

Visited December 2011
7 Thank MelbourneFoodFan
Portland, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“There's a reason Tour Guys is rated so high!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

We went on the History of Beer tour with Steve of the Tour Guys. It was fantastic! Steve is a professional Tour Guy- he knows his stuff and you can tell he enjoys doing it. We went as a tour of 6 people, lasted 4 hours and we saw 5 breweries/pubs. Not only is this a tour to get to know beer, but you learn sooo much about Vancouver. It was an excellent history class! It should be a requirement for any one visiting and even people that live there. I betcha Steve knows more than you do!

Another fun thing about this tour is you get to meet people you wouldn't otherwise meet. When you go to a town on holiday you hardly ever get to meet any locals or other travelers. Our little group bonded over beers and stayed together after Steve left. It was so much fun!

I would do this tour again in a second! I'd do it even if I lived in Vancouver. Steve is AWESOME! Be sure to tip him- the thing literally is free but you get an all-out history tour of the city. I wish I could give him 6 stars. Thanks, Steve!

Visited November 2011
4 Thank kearnybird
Venice, Italy
4 attraction reviews
“Really....! Beer Makes History Better!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Just yesterday i was on the Tour hosted by Steve. great guy and guide. The Tour was really awesome and full of interesting info on the City and on Canada. I strongly recommend this tour to anybody spending even a few days in the city.

Visited November 2011