4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$216
ZenHotels.comUS$393
eDreamsUS$216
4,149 results
All reviews arc restaurant canada place gold floor stanley park cruise terminal convention center outdoor pool corner room pacific rim your luggage beautiful hotel concierge staff gas town alaskan cruise grouse mountain floor to ceiling windows canada line
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 November 2020

We stayed at Fairmont Waterfront and generally had a good stay but some points need improvement and in this price range, given the quality of the competition within Accor and also with other hotel chains, it makes me unsure about the value proposition. I would consider returning for short stays but I am not sure I would recommend it for longer stays where I value having extra space and modern hardware, despite the excellent service we received.

I booked the entry level room and as Accor Diamond I received a 2-category upgrade to a Deluxe Partial Harbour View room which was in the corner of the building. I guess this is more generous than the standard one-category upgrade but the dollar value was modest and the issue is that it can appear stingy relative to other hotels in Vancouver such as JW Marriott which upgrades elite guests liberally to suites.

The bathroom was large and very bright due to the window which occupied a big portion of the wall. The bathroom was far bigger than the cramped bathroom in Fairmont Hotel Vancouver (FHV) where we stayed a couple of weeks earlier but overall the quality of the finishes at Fairmont Waterfront left to be desired. Some parts of the bathroom were renovated but the shower was in a bathtub and the bathtub was very worn out. The heating unit on the wall was also stained and parts of the wall above it were peeling off.

Le Labo toiletries were in large 90ml bottles rather than small bottles which is great, and also with my name printed on them like what some of the highest quality Fairmonts of the world do for example Istanbul and Québec City, among others. By contrast, FHV only had the small bottles and no name printed.

The bedroom was also very bright with large windows on two walls which was a benefit of having a corner room and it made the room feel more impressive than the one at FHV. As per the name of the room type, there were views of the harbor but only from one window and we had to look on the side; there were no water views from the bed itself. Electrical power was only on one side of the bed which is a minor issue that should be remedied for a modern luxury hotel.

Breakfast was available either in the restaurant or brought to the room in a bag which is inferior to the traditional room service roll-away tray we had at FHV. The quality of the breakfast menu was competitive relative to other hotels in the city but the free Diamond breakfast and the Virtuoso breakfast benefit were limited to one item only, unlike at JW Marriott where guests can order whatever they want. The breakfast timing was wonderful however because we were allowed to order until 2pm which is a great way for Fairmont Waterfront to differentiate themselves.

I was not particularly disturbed by the breakfast boxes but for dinner, the in-room dining boxes left the food presentation to be desired. For example one fish dish was a very small portion and looked naked and lost in the big box, and was not cheap by any means.

Staff gave us the Accor welcome drink vouchers proactively at check-in and I was impressed by the quality of the wine list at the bar which made those vouchers more valuable than at the vast majority of Accor hotels. They also poured 9 oz glasses rather than 6 oz glasses so they were generous - a couple of wine glasses could easily be worth over 50 CAD based on some of the list prices.

During our stay the service was great, and in fact it was one of the few Fairmonts in recent memory which did not bungle the redemption of LifeExperiences certificates and also they did it one day before departure unlike some hotels which refuse to handle it in advance, only to spin their wheels at the last minute and end up delaying my departure.

Wifi worked without interruptions but it was slow with speeds of less than 2 Mbps. This is highly questionable for a luxury hotel particularly when occupancy was not even high, considering the price range of Fairmont Waterfront. There is no reason they should not be able to offer the same speeds (or better) as FHV.

Overall the stay had some strong points and some weaknesses, that said since I value suite upgrades I thought JW Marriott was a better choice. For stays where I don’t mind not having a suite then Fairmont Waterfront can be a good option but they need to bring their rooms up to a better standard and they need to upgrade their wifi to justify the price point in my opinion. Bottom line this hotel is mostly valuable for short stays due to the excellent welcome drinks, the 100 USD food credit (depending on booking channel), and the Diamond breakfast on weekends, but for longer stays during weekdays this hotel is possibly not an ideal fit for me.

Date of stay: November 2020
3  Thank WorldWideTravel88
Fairmont Waterfront, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2020

Thank you for sharing a detailed review of your recent stay at Fairmont Waterfront. We do appreciate hearing from our guests; and carefully review every guest feedback - both positive and constructive. This provides our teams with key learning opportunities to enhance our overall guest experience.

We are incredibly thankful to you and all the loyal guests who have supported us in reopening the hotel after more than four months of closure. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 November 2020

A short family trip to Vancouver, we were met by a very welcoming staff all throughout this great hotel. We chose a harbour view room, which we highly recommend. The entire property was sparkling clean, and staff were respective of distancing and all health protocols. The gym was an added element that helped to make our stay relaxing and enjoyable. Thank you to the entire team for giving us a great get-away!

Date of stay: October 2020

Dear AllanP1205,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It's wonderful to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your family getaway at Fairmont Waterfront. Thank you for your high praises for our staff and positive feedback regarding the health and safety measures we have put in place to protect our guests and teams from COVID 19. Your very kind words are inspiring. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 31 October 2020

Spent a 3 day getaway to Vancouver from Central Canada, Ottawa. The Hotel is within easy walking distance from the Subway Train from the Airport, a great location directly on the Harbor next to the Convention Center and Cruise Terminal. Easy walking to the shops, museums and retail stores of downtown Vancouver. The hotel is slightly tired and probably could do with a makeover, rooms, hallways, bathrooms somewhat dated, everything is very clean and service was friendly and attentive.. the view is something else.. the bustling harbor of Vancouver.. the 50 ft outdoor heated Pool has a beautiful view looking off to the mountains, Fitness Room and lockers, showers, change rooms are connected to the Pool. On the downside, The room has no USB ports anywhere for charging Cell phones etc.. also the desk in the room lacks additional power outlets to plug in your laptop or whatever your working on at the desk, I unplugged the desk light so that I could plug in my laptop? .. the Ice machine on the 18th floor was not working, I called the front desk, they said they would make note of it and told me to go to the ice machine on the 17th floor or 19th floor? Food & Drinks at the Arc Restaurant Lounge on the Lobby level are pricey, Breakfast, Eggs Benny & Coffee was $35 with tip, after dinner time snack of French Onion Soup & 2 double Caesars $55.. No Valet parking is available & the parking in the public parking lot paid directly to the public garage is $46 for the night. The Coffee machine in the room, was lacking in Coffee creamers? Overall, I would say great view's, nice downtown location, adjacent to the Cruise Terminal & Convention Center, a beautiful Pool but slightly dated rooms & hallways, the the usual pricey food, drinks and parking, but hey your travelling !! So Buck Up ??

Room tip: Higher floor Harbor View rooms
Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Peter F
Fairmont Waterfront, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2020

Thank you so much for sharing a detailed review of your recent stay. I am sorry that a number of issues detracted from what seems like an overall enjoyable Vancouver stay. The spirit of your feedback is very much appreciated. I will make sure to review your experiences with my team, and ensure that the positive aspects are celebrated, and constructive feedback are looked into, and addressed accordingly. We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2020 via mobile

Positives: Location is great, close to harbour, downtown and skytrain. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Restaurant had good food and friendly staff.

BUT the main negative was the thin walls. I could hear my neighbours on both sides. They weren’t yelling or had their TVs blaring; they were just talking yet I could hear every word. I would expect a Fairmont would have better sound insulation

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank WarrenL677
Fairmont Waterfront, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2020

Dear WarrenL677,

I am very sorry to read that your stay was not perfect. I very much appreciate your feedback and will make sure this is carefully looked into. All the best in your future travels. I hope to welcome you back!

Reviewed 14 October 2020

We spent 2 nights at the Fairmont Waterfront in late September and we had a fantastic time. The staff was very professional, welcoming, and made us feel like home. The rooms are a bit old, but with an amazing view of the harbor and spacious enough too.
If you can, try to book a room with a harbor view, on the higher floors as you will be able to enjoy a scenic view from downtown. It is a bit expensive in general (as most hotels in Waterfront) but the location is well worth it. ABC restaurant in the lobby offers a great breakfast and menu for drinks and dinner as well. Would recommend and likely go back next time I am in town.

Room tip: higher floor, harbor view
Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank bengold90

Dear bengold90,

Thank you for your detailed feedback, especially the accolades for our staff! I will make sure to share your wonderful comments with all of them. We hope to welcome you back soon!