1,695 results
All reviews stanley park overlooking english bay historic hotel denman street west end no air conditioning sea wall granville island an older hotel can't beat the location fabulous location lots of restaurants visit vancouver within easy walking distance few blocks ivy lounge
Reviewed 8 September 2018

I love staying at the historic Sylvia Hotel. Especially on the fourth floor overlooking English Bay, the clean, well renovated (yet staying in step with history) room can be a lofty respite from the bustle below. Beauty from outside with the ivy covered brick building just a hop from the beach and plenty of food and shopping outlets. We loved having our small dog with us in the room.

Room Tip: There are some rooms facing back lots etc — not advisable.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
rossdyck, General Manager at Sylvia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

'Super Sylvia" love your header, it says alot and gets my attention everytime. Welcome back, a lot of our Guests have a favorite floor of room type that suites thier needs. Being a heritage site hotel in the best location in the city is popular with tourist and locals. We are alaso the first Pet friendly hotel in Vancouver and we do not charge extra for pets (most hotels in the area charge $25-40.00 per night per pet). Thank-you for your comments.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

My wife and I stayed here during a brief trip up to Vancouver. It sits right next to English Bay and Stanley Park, two of the best places to visit in Vancouver (there are many great places, but how many hotels are sitting right next to two of the best places?). Service was fast, efficient and friendly, rooms were well appointed and the restaurant was outstanding. They even had live music there as well. I loved that they still hand out actual room keys instead of the traditional electronic cards. A little bulky in the pocket yet comfortable like a well worn pair of jeans. Next time we're in Vancouver, Sylvia Hotel will be our go to spot!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
rossdyck, General Manager at Sylvia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Thank-you for staying with us, I was happy to read that you and your wife enjoyed the Restaurant and live music that we offer Wednesday, Thursday and Sundays nights and because it is so popular we will be also adding Tuesday nights in October. Please do return to stay with us again on your next trip to Vancouver. Always book directly with the hotel to get the best rates and room types that we do not offer on third party web sites. We will look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

The position of the Sylvia Hotel and its fascinating history made it one of our favourites during our short stay in Vancouver and we were more than pleased with our choice. Particularly enjoyed being so close to the beach and to Stanley Park as well as to a great selection of restaurants nearby and easy access to public transport.

Room Tip: Would expect higher floors to be quieter
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

5 stars rating, thank-you for the high praise. The location is fantastic even if I do say myself and is enjoyed by locals and tourist alike. Please tell your friends and always book directly with the hotel when booking. Please travel safe and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I loved our stay at the Sylvia Hotel. I’d admired it’s ivy covered beauty in a past visit to Vancouver & was anxious to stay there on our next visit. I was not disappointed- our room was huge & had a wonderful view of English Bay. It was lovely to sleep with the windows open & seeing the ship’s lights in the night. Staff was very pleasant & helpful.
The room was clean & had wonderful towels & bedding. My only disappointment was that our mattress was not comfortable. No matter how fantastic everything else is, if the bed isn’t comfortable, it makes it impossible for me to give it 5 stars.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
rossdyck, General Manager at Sylvia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thank-you writing a review on this site and staying with us on this trip to Vancouver. I am very proud of how hard the staff work to exceed every guests experience at the Sylvia Hotel. I am sorry you did not find the beds comfortable, we pride our selves on great beds as we do "sell sleep". All of our beds are less than 3 year old and we update every year the oldest beds for guests comfort. I will have the head housekeeper review that bed and see if there is an issue and we will address it if needed. Please come back again and please travel safe.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Great Location to Stanley Park, Downtown Core, English Bay, bike trails. Wonderful big rooms. No fridge or microwave but the rates are reasonable for the area and the services. Very friendly and helpful staff at the Front Desk. Harder to park a mini van or larger in the underground parking. Very Clean rooms. Very soundproof with the brick wall; solid built!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the beach or street side for less street noise, especially in summer with the windows open.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

We are a heritage site in the best location in the city in my opinion, thanks for writing a few words about your thoughts on your stay with us. I am very proud of the Staff of the Sylvia Hotel and I know they will enjoy reading your review. The housekeepers do a fantastic job keeping this fine older property in great shape. When you return always book directly with the hotel to get the best rates and room types that we do not offer on third party web sites.