Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$152
Hotels.comUS$153
Expedia.comUS$153
eDreamsUS$152
Trip.comUS$201
Destinia.comUS$226
2,034 results
All reviews robson street corner suite bc place living area outdoor pool floor to ceiling windows queen bed an upgrade coffee maker high floor hotel restaurant westin concierge hendricks downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 February 2021 via mobile

I had to spend a night for a doctors appointment coming from Whistler. First opportunity to visit this new Hilton property . The staff were amazing from arrival to leaving. Charming lady at check in .
The room was very clean and it was nice to see all the covid 19 protocols in place and followed by staff/guests.
The set up for breakfast pick up was convenient and attendant helpful. Food was delicious.
As a Hilton Gold member I will certainly be back with my family ASAP !
Tim Koshul

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Pradeep Puri, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2021

Dear Tim Koshul,

Thank you so much for your kind review on our property. We hope your doctors appointment went without a hitch. We are glad you liked our property and our staff took care of you. We look forward to your return trip soon. Stay safe and best of health.

Reviewed 1 February 2021 via mobile

Full disclosure, I stayed here before it was a Hilton, when it was a Westin.

My partner and I stayed here for a night in December. I had never stayed at a Westin before, and decided to utilize a bonvoy package deal they had which included a coupon to the restaurant.

Check in was a breeze and the staff were very friendly. We stayed in a king bed suite, and the room was a good size and well appointed, especially the living area. The view from our top floor was amazing, and the bed was very comfortable. In room amenities such as coffee maker were still available and worked well.

The gym was well equipped and a good size. Even with the Covid restrictions, it was always available. Likely due to extended hours, and not limited hours like most other hotels do (which only decreases supply).

Breakfast room service was great, if not maybe a bit overpriced. That being said the quality was good, and the server was awesome and friendly.

I don’t know if I’ll get a chance to check it out as a Hilton, as I tend to stick to Marriott, but all in all It was a great experience.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pradeep Puri, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2021

Dear dogmantraveller,

Thanks for your lovely comments. We are pleased to hear you had a great stay. We can assure you, your experience will not be any lesser next time you visit us. We can status match your Bonvoy standing with Hilton Honors program. We look forward to your return visit. Please remember only the name has changed, hospitality has not.

Reviewed 25 November 2020

I had a quick stay at Westin Grand as part of a mattress run in Vancouver and I was pleased overall by the hotel given the price. I wish breakfast had included hot dishes but the suites are nice and Westin Grand compares favorably to other hotels in this price range such as Hyatt Regency, Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, and Delta.

The vast majority of rooms at this hotel are suites; I booked the lowest category of suites which are quite small at 33-36 square meters, but I was upgraded to an executive suite corner with a covered balcony which is 53 square meters.

Because the upgrade was more generous than the very modest upgrade I received at Delta, I ended up in a more spacious suite and the room felt more comfortable and a notch above in terms of hardware quality compared to Delta despite the latter not being too bad either. Fairmont only upgraded us to a corner room, not a suite, so our room at Westin was superior due to space available. Hyatt Regency is the only hotel where we recently stayed for which I can say suites can compete in some ways with Westin; the suites at HR are far bigger than at Westin and have two full bathrooms which was very convenient. However the suite at HR was a bit more basic – Westin had a better finishes.

The restaurant was closed due to covid but we could get a breakfast bag to go. Options were fairly basic and comparable to Hyatt Regency, which is better than Delta which offered nothing at all, but below Fairmont which had a nice a la carte menu with hot dishes brought to the room as in-room dining.

Wifi worked ok with download speeds of 10 Mbps. However upload was only 2 Mbps which made internet calls not as easy as other hotels with faster internet.

Overall for the price Westin Grand was decent and I would recommend this property. Coincidentally they are leaving the Marriott chain and it’s unclear what they will change once they become a Hilton. Perhaps there could be an uptick in the quality of breakfast because Hilton normally includes hot dishes for Hilton Diamond guests, unlike Westin hotels where the breakfast elite benefit is normally continental only. Within Marriott there are other choices in Vancouver besides Westin while Hilton was sorely lacking so I think the move makes some sense and I will probably try this hotel again once it’s under the Hilton banner.

Date of stay: November 2020
3  Thank WorldWideTravel88
Pradeep Puri, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2020

Dear WorldWide Travel88,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate it very much. You are absolutely correct in mentioning, that we will be rebranding ourselves as Hilton Vancouver Downtown effective Jan.6,2021 as of 12.01 AM. We look forward to welcoming you back.

General Manger

Reviewed 18 August 2020

The one thing that stands out is the view. If you want a nice view of the city, then the rooms on the higher floors (29) is amazing.
We got a one bedroom suite with a balcony.
What I didn't like: the Lights inside the room are a little strange. I don't know if they're all linked, or what, but I had to try them a couple times to get it to work. If the switch by the door was turned in a certain position none of the other lights work including the bathroom. Like even if you flicked the other light switches, they wouldn't work. Super odd and confusing. The Main switch seemed to be the one by the door, which was connected to lights in living and bedroom. I understand why they're connected, it's a common thing, but usually you can still switch the other lights on or off even if the 'main' one is turned off. in this case you'd have to go back to the door to turn anything on.
There’s no robe and no weight scale. They don't provide phone charger Cords.

What i liked: Both TVs (bedroom and living room) are big. The Bedroom is nice and not too small, great view of the city. The whole one bedroom suite is quite large and doesn't feel cramped. The decor has a nice clean, modern theme. The bathroom is large too, with both a bath and shower stall. Modern decor, white marble type of stuff. One full length mirror in the bathroom. Our view included the docks, the Top of Vancouver, BC Place stadium, the water and north shore mountains... The bed was really Comfy too. Check out was at 12pm (I always appreciate the extra hour). There was a Variety of tv channels. Great location near shopping on Robson st. Pool is nice and chill and nice view of the street if you like that. Patio is great - gorgeous view since its on a corner, two chairs and a table if you want to eat out there, not a bad size. Lots of usb outlets as long as you remember your charger. There was an aux cord for the radio to use as a speaker which is great.
Overall, I'd come back - def more positives than negatives, even in the middle of a pandemic.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank Sam C
Pradeep Puri, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2020

Dear Sam C,

Thank you for your comments. We apologize for the confusion you had regarding master switch and the lights. We will look into it for you. We are pleased though to learn you liked the room and the amenities. We would love to have you back too.

Stay safe

Reviewed 12 August 2020 via mobile

I have to say we were really excited to stay at the Westin. As we arrived the bell man I believe his name is Shane was extremely nice and Joey at check in was great. We asked to be put in a quiet area and unfortunately that wasn’t the case.

We got the best room we could get online, the suite, which is on a high floor and a corner suite.

There is pretty intense construction going on on one side of the hotel. Not the hotels construction but a building directly across from it. It’s loud, banging and crashing and it gets quite annoying when you hear it for hours.

We called the front desk and got to the other side of the hotel. In the meantime, I emailed the GM who I saw had responded to reviews before with his email.

His response was rude in my opinion he said “...what control do you think we have over the construction that is going around us. And in the City. I am sure some days are more noisy than others. Our windows keep it to a minimum and tolerable”.

And I can assure you that the windows don’t keep it to a minimum and tolerable.

A pretty rude response in my opinion from someone in a customer service management position. Especially when marriot is having its lowest occupancy rates in 92 years.

We will stay here the rest of our stay I believe but for someone who says to contact them to make things better in these review responses, I am pretty sure if anyone contacts him they will probably get the same type of rude response.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank Alex O
Pradeep Puri, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2020

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your comments again and regrettably my answer will be the same. I apologized to you in the email what I meant was not what you understood. perhaps I could have said it another way. We do our best to please guests in whatever is in our control. Unfortunately, we do not control or nor do we have control over construction noises, police sirens, ambulance beeps or auto horns etc. going around the hotel at any given time. Vancouver is a busy city with lots of construction going on. I trust you are pleased with your new room and your stay is going well.

My apologies again,