“Bayshore, still awesome after all these years”

The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver
Ranked #22 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Calgary, Canada
“Bayshore, still awesome after all these years”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed here in 1973 Dec 31, then again 1996 the just recently March 3rd 2012, Love this place, two renovations since my last stay and very upscale, great room and for $ 250 US, TOWER 14TH FLOOR WITH THE USUAL AWESOME HARBOUR VIEW. Will return for a couple of nights sometime this year, Great restaurant Cardero's next door, great prices, great food and ATMOSPHERE WOW ! A NEW and instant Favourite only drawback, parking $36 for the stay one day. was free in 1973 and 1996.

Room Tip: Harbour view a must
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Management R, Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Dear Vancouverraised,

Thank you for sharing your great review! We’re delighted to know that your room and view was a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more stays to come!

Stay well,
Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (836)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Edmonton
Reviewed 7 March 2012

first night ended up with a noisy room (watch out if you're close to the convention end and there's late-night dance party competition style events)
But the hotel staff made it up to us and relocated us to a quieter much nicer room for the rest of our stay - gorgeous views of Coal Harbour

Note: Unfortunately the new spa took out the change rooms or locker rooms at the swimming pool/exercise center so you have to hike through the hotel in a robe and dripping swimsuit.

Wi-Fi in the lobby is only available in one hour increments - seems a little chintzy - you can always go to the on-site Starbucks.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TerTrav
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed at the Westin Bayshore Vancouver in Feb 2012. Was pleasantly surprised as they have renovated the hotel for the olympics. Easy checkin checkout. Nice bar though tends to shut relatively early. Stayed in the tower with great view of the harbor with float planes taking off. 5 min cab to anywhere downtown.Recommend staying in the tower rather than the older part of the hotel. Ask for harborview as one side of the hotel faces the harbor, the other downtown highrises. Very helpful staff.

Room Tip: High room in the tall tower facing the harbor has the best views.See photo. A little away from the e...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Canadarocks463
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We booked this room last minute to enjoy an evening Downtown Vancouver. This hotel is going to be made our home away from home which is only an hour away. Comfortable beds, clean rooms, beautiful views and A+ staff. The only negative is the parking is very expensive, but that goes without say anywhere down town. My thoughts are that all hotels should provide courtesy WiFi and parking for guests or even give it at cheaper rate then the going which was $36.95 per night. Carderos Restaurant is hop skip jump away and has an amazing menu. We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant and also give it an A+ I look forward to staying here again in the summer when I can enjoy their beautiful outdoor pool.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean View
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FitMom68
Management R, Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear FitMom68,

Thank you for sharing your review and! We’re delighted to know that your experience was one that felt like home. I am very happy that you were able to get a room last minute to have an adventure in Vancouver. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and inspiration. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more stays to come, especially in the warmer weather to experience our outdoor pool!

Stay well,
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I'm a starwood preferred gold member, have stayed here several times years ago, and travelled for work for many years. As such, I've been in my fair share of hotels. This was the worst hotel experience I've had for many reasons. Leaving me exhausted, disappointed, and 100% decided upon switching to Marriott going forward. As a previous reviewer states, there was an unannounced all night, large salsa dance group who made Tons of noise. This was a Sunday night, and I have a to. Of meetings. So all I wanted was a good quite room to sleep in with a comfortable bed.

What did i experience? The rooms are outdated, completely lacking in soundproofing , and the beds are far from Heavenly at this Westin. The service (as im finding at all mon-W starwoods these days is terrible from the frontline staff. The bellman provide excellent service, but the rest of the staff acted like they were being inconvenienced, even though requests are simple and fair.

I got to my "deluxe" room to find a teerrible, completely sagging bed. It was killing my back so i asked to move at 9pm, The person who amswered tokld me to use a back board, said every bed was the same and refused to forward my call to the front desk. I mentioned that the beds can be quite different and asked again for front desk. I was moves o a new room. There was so much noise in the halls and between the walls from the partying dance groups that i asked for another room at 1:45am, and ended up back in my original room. They showed me another room at 1:45am but the heat was broken and it was sweltering.... Thus back to original. By then i was wired, and couldnt sleep. I booked the Loden at 5:00am and got out of there as fast as i could. Do not book this hotel. It's a relic, and "heavenly" is a complete misnomer to describe it. Choose the loden down the street. Best $199 you'll ever spend. To finalize, the only reason I chose the Westin was to use the 20,000 points I had burning a whole in my account. Bye Starwood. Good riddance!

• Stayed March 2012
10 Thank Travell2012
Dear Travell2012,

Thank you for sharing your review, and for being loyal as a Starwood Preferred Gold Member! Please accept our sincerest apologies for your dissatisfaction with the noise level, the interaction with our team members and the bed comfort. Your valuable feedback helps us make changes to the products and services we provide. We have researched your feedback and have found that one of our Team Leaders connected with you on a few occasions and made every effort to provide a few alternatives. They recognized that there was nothing else that they could have done to sooth the experience, therefore she compensated you accordingly. Additionally, thank you for your kind message to me on the day of departure. It is nice to know that despite the challenges you encountered, your cordial and kind comment of “Thanking me” made a difference. It would be remiss if I did not share that I truly thought your message was an indicator that we had recovered. I am sorry that the matter was not resolved with you. Thank you once again for your time. I sincerely hope you can forgive us for this and give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me at michael.farquharson@westin.com.

Best Regards,