“Excellent Hotel & Location”

Pan Pacific Vancouver
Ranked #17 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent Hotel & Location”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

The hotel has an excellent location where you can easily walk to all the major attractions and shopping streets in Downtown Vancouver. The rooms are big and comfortable. The service was great. The only downside was the breakfast (expensive and not much bread choices) but there is a Tim Horton next to the hotel.

Room Tip: To get the best view from your room. Make sure you take a waterfront room on higher levels and which...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank dxb67

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,116)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ontario
Reviewed 10 March 2012

On the waterfront. Close to great dining. The views are fantastic.

We found a reasonable rate (for the area) on the internet. It was well worth. The room was beautiful and the hotel staff was very helpful

You can sit in your room and watch the ships come in and the seaplanes take off.

The room we had was a deluxe harbour double with a view of the harbour and the mountains.

Room Tip: Both harbour and bayviews are good.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
CafePacifica, Director,Quality Assurance at Pan Pacific Vancouver, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and views from your guest room while staying at the Pan Pacific Vancouver. We will pass on your kind words to our associates.

We do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Pan Pacific Vancouver.
Vancouver
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My wife whisked me away for a romantic birthday overnight to the Pan Pacific and it was fantastic. The staff were very friendly and professional at every step. We were in room 1910 and had amazing views of downtown and the North Shore (and the outdoor salt water pool!). The package my wife got included champagne, tuxedo strawberries, cake and a lovely rose - all were extremely lovely. Spoiled!

The room itself was quite spacious - along with the bed, a desk and office chair, there was a lovely chaise longue and another occasional chair in the room. Plenty of space to lounge around. There was a large flat panel TV on the bureau in the corner, which was nice - if we'd been staying for longer, we would have enjoyed having it.

The room was quite close to the elevators, but it was still very quiet and the bed was very comfortable, so we had an excellent night's sleep. The temperature controls in the room were easy to use and very responsive, so we were able to get the temperature down to our usual polar bear levels in no time.

The bathroom was the only unspectacular part of the room - it was a little tight and there was no soaker tub, just the standard tub. But the water pressure in the shower was excellent and we both really enjoyed the bath products.

We had dinner at the Five Sails restaurant in the hotel - amazing. The package we had included a $50 room service credit, so we had room service for breakfast - it too was very very good. Excellent lattes!

My ONLY complaint had nothing to do with the hotel itself - a huge group of rowdy, heavily drinking fraternity kids from Seattle were at the hotel preparing for a booze cruise (because the drinking age in BC is only 19! Wooo! Chug chug chug! OMG, I'm gonna barf!) and they completely took over the outdoor pool and hot tub for a few hours, making it uncomfortable for the few guests (us, another couple) who were there for a quiet swim and who really really wanted a few minutes in the hot tub. Hotel security came out at one point to tell them no alcohol at the pool, but that just made them sneakier.

Again, totally not the hotel's fault that their pool was invaded by Girls Gone Wild: Vancouver Edition, but it was still annoying.

Overall, I'd absolutely stay here again - for pleasure or business. Excellent hotel!

Room Tip: Room 1910 had fantastic views!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rorokimtor
Regina
Reviewed 5 March 2012

When I first arrived at this hotel, I was very impressed. It's in a great location and the rooms and lobby are very nice. This is why I was surprised to find that the cleaning staff didn't even wash the pillows!! The morning after my first night at the Pan Pacific, I found dried out, crusty vomit that had been left from the person who stayed there the night before!! I went immediately and found one of the cleaning staff who took the pillow away, but there were still bits of the crusty vomit on my bed. I requested to have my sheets changed that night, but for the rest of my stay I was grossed out about what else they might not have cleaned properly.

What I was even more unimpressed with was when I went to the hotel front desk to complain, all the lady said was that she would let the cleaning staff know. I slept in someone else's VOMIT and she acted like it was no big deal. That is completely unsanitary and disgusting and absolutely unacceptable in a hotel of their stature. It's bad enough to wake up in puke, but I was very unimpressed with the way they dealt with it.

On top of that, the hotel charges for wi-fi. This was very inconvenient as I was there for a business conference and already paying a lot of money for an unsanitary room. They also charge you for the Globe and Mail every day unless you opt-out of that before-hand. For a hotel that expensive, they are cheap and charge for every little thing.

Overall, the Pan Pacific hotel is gorgeous, but I would rather stay in a less-nice hotel that didn't leave vomit in my bed.

Room Tip: Check for vomit before you sleep.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Leah_M_Regina
CafePacifica, Director of Quality Assurance at Pan Pacific Vancouver, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
The Pan Pacific Vancouver’s standard operating procedures are to change all bed linens on a daily basis unless otherwise requested by the guests. Upon check-out, all bed linens are exchanged for fresh linens. We are extremely concerned to review your feedback on your recent stay with us. Although we take a proactive approach to all reviews and comments received, the comments made in this review are very serious and our General Manager will be contacting the guests directly.
ontario
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I have been travelling to Vancouver for over 20 years and have found myself returning to this property a lot lately. Not the cheapest rates for sure but probably the most scenic location in Vancouver. I feel immediately comfortable every time I walk into my room. The views are spectacular looking west.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business