“Why Stay in a hotel ?”
other traveller has booked this property
Very comfortable queen size bed Second Bedroom - Double Bed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Spacious yet cozy main bedroom
Very comfortable queen size bed
Second Bedroom - Double Bed
Private Second Bedroom
Second private and very quite bedroom
Comfortable and Spacious Living Area with Cable and highspeed WIFI
Large LIving Area with pull out twin cot
Separate Dining Area
Open Concept
Large Kitchen with full size appliances, range, fridge, microwave and coffee maker
Plenty of Dishes
All utensils supplied
Large cooking area
Washer and Dryer
Full Bathroom with Tub and Shower
Street View - Upscale Quiet and Safe Neighbourhood
Serene and private backyard
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

MikeyHono...
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Why Stay in a hotel ?”
Reviewed 8 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

I planned a family trip to Vancouver, so I needed to find affordable accommodation for myself, wife, and my daughter as we were coming all the way from Hawaii.

For the same price as staying in a hotel near the airport or a small apartment in town, we found this charming vacation rental in Kerrisdale, which is half way between the airport and downtown Vancouver. It’s in a quiet, upscale residential area with many stately homes (some close to a hundred years old). We found that driving back through this peaceful area after a long day of touring was very relaxing.

A Japanese-style garden serves as your entrance to the rental unit. At night, the pathway is lit up with fairy lights giving the garden a magical feel. My wife and I had our own room with a king-size bed. My five-year old daughter was delighted to have a room all to herself with a full-size bed. (The beds in the rental are some of the coziest beds I have ever slept in…) The bathroom has a full tub/shower unit and is lovingly done in a retro coastal theme. There is a separate dining area for four and a living room to watch TV. The rental is comfortably heated at night should you wish to stay in the winter/early spring months.
The unit has a kitchen, so we saved money by eating in every morning. (A Walmart Super Center is in nearby Richmond, which is only 10 minutes away if you can avoid rush hours.) Also, they have a washer/dryer on site as well, so you don’t have to pack a lot of clothes. There’s lots of (free!) street parking in front of the house should you rent a car.

Getting to the main tourist areas was easy. Canadian Highway # 99 runs North/South through the city of Vancouver. It takes less than 5 minutes to get to this important thoroughfare from the rental. Go North and see sights like Granville Island, Stanley Park, Capilano Suspension Bridge, and Grouse Mountain. Go South and see the Steveston Fishing Village and Richmond’s famous Food Street. Due to Kerrisdale’s central location, all of the sites we visited were no more than a 45 minutes’ drive in either direction. (Use Waze on your cellphone to easily navigate around town here.)

You will find the owners, Basil & Heather are both caring & responsive. Before we flew in, I asked Heather a myriad of silly tourist questions via the TripAdvisor website. These were all answered within an hour (which would have been close to midnight Vancouver time!) When my cell phone died mid-way through our trip, they offered to lend me one of their spare cell phones. When I told them my daughter had a high fever one night, they offered to call their own family doctor in the morning to see is she could be squeezed in for a last minute appointment !

Thank you, Basil & Heather so much for your warm hospitality…

We definitely plan to come back for another visit in a year or two !

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
9 Apr 2018
Hi Michael, thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. You and your family are extactly the kind of guests we always hope to have stay with us. Kind, generous (thanks for the chocolates and coffee) and gracious. I truly hope we will see you agian. Please keep in touch and take care until next time.
JulianaMa...
Vancouver, Canada
“Great suite! Great hosts!”
Reviewed 13 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Fantastic location in the heart of Vancouver's charming Kerrisdale neighbourhood. The house and yard are very picturesque and the suite is spacious and beautifully decorated. The hosts were also great to deal with. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Vancouver!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing